• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny Grooming

Bitzy

Mama Doe
:wave:

Hi all

Whats the best thing to use to groom a bun?? I was looking at those glove things so its like you're just stroking them but wondered how effective they were??

Would a good old fashioned brush be better??

Cheers, Jo x

you need 2 things a cat sliker brush and a double sided comb with close teeth and wide teeth thats it thats all you need to groom out a rabbit ;)

A glove is only good if your bun is short-haired. It does make the hair soft and shiny though.
Watch out for the rubber part as rabbits may try to eat it (and Mango also chewed it with great gusto when he did. :shock:)

Thanks, they are short haired (dwarf lops)........ every time I pick Dizzi up I seem to be covered in a layer of hair so figured she could do with a bit of help with grooming!

Should I assume that she's moulting? She was born in April so thought maybe she'd have developed her winter coat and is now shedding it for summer?? Although her fur feels quite fine and 'downy' ....... Rascal on the other hand seems to have thicker fur but he's not losing any of his!?

Last edited:
Back