• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

He's done it again!!

rachylou

Warren Veteran
Ok well Jims has been up to his old tricks again, he jumped up on to the sofa on which I had a pack of :oops: Tesco Bourn bourn biscuits he grabbed the pack, ripped about a 2inch piece off of the wrapper!!
He has eaten a lot worse before but I am worried!

Naughty rabbit! :shock: But I would have eaten the bourbon biscuit and not the wrapper if I were him?! I hope he is ok though x

I am loading him up with food to try and help him pass it! I have given him some fibreplex too, just to try and help.
Also given him wet greens to keep him hydrated.
He (touch wood) seems fine in himself, I am just worried about him!
Isnt it typical, we just got his poops right after our last scare and now he has gone and eaten this! :roll:

I have broken up all his overnight poops and there is definatly some of the wrapper in them, but not all. Can I be confident that he is going to pass it now or should I still be worried?

Naughty Jimbs, sounds as though it is passing through nicely, you would think that he would have learnt not to eat the wrappers after his chocolate wrapping eating escapade:roll:

I think he will be fine TBH

Thankyou for replying Shelly, was starting to think no one cared! :cry:
He seems himself and is still eating and still trying to eat things he is not ment to so I think he feels ok.
Do you think I need to keep checking his poops till I find it all or just monitor him?

Thankyou for replying Shelly, was starting to think no one cared! :cry:
He seems himself and is still eating and still trying to eat things he is not ment to so I think he feels ok.
Do you think I need to keep checking his poops till I find it all or just monitor him?

If it makes you feel better check his poops, (I probably would a couple of times) Just monitoring him should be enough to be honest, they eat all sorts of stuff they shouldn't like Ians shoe laces :oops: He is actually gonna kill me when he sees the nibble marks on his golf shoes:oops:

If it makes you feel better check his poops, (I probably would a couple of times) Just monitoring him should be enough to be honest, they eat all sorts of stuff they shouldn't like Ians shoe laces :oops: He is actually gonna kill me when he sees the nibble marks on his golf shoes:oops:

:lol: you should see my husbands slippers! :lol:
He is eating his hay atm, I ahve given him Fibreplex to try and help it all through, I am just going to increase his fibre as much as possible for the next couple of days.
I just spoke to the vets, the nurse said that it should pass through, to keep checking all his poops but not to worry if I do not see much more as it could go unnoticed, just keep a close eye on him, make sure he keeps eating and pooping.
They are such a worry, arnt they!? :roll:

Back