• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

crystals death advice please as she did not look normal

Crystal butterfly

Warren Veteran
im confused on how she died this morning when i was dropped off by my bf i had her and misty sticking thier twitching noses to the bars asking for food so she was alive and well this morning.

when i found her though she was lay at the bottom of the ramp stretced out with her eyes open there was no sign of her gasping for air it looked like she'd died sudden however in her right eye there was white stuff i cant really explain it but it covered half her eye it looked like dried pus or something any ideas?

im completely distraught and just writing that has put a lump in my throat :cry:

Im having her ashes returned to me in a burial stone and have cut off some of her fur so i can get it placed in a necklace like what Donmant did with pearl.

I just cant believe shes gone :cry::cry::cry::cry:

im sorry i really am, a huge shock :cry::cry::cry:

the white stuff was it under the eye lens? pearls eyes went cloudy after she had been dead for a while, she lost the beautiful pink and was a cloudy white, haunted me for a while :(

I'm so sorry you lost her. Is it possible she had a seizure or something and hit her eye/head?

Or maybe something happened in her head that caused it?

That's all speculation and we can't really know, to be honest.

Did she have a bonded friend? If she, how is she doing?

Please feel free to talk about anything you want to here too.

Binky Free Crystal.

Im afraid, as none of us were there, any ideas we would have would only be ideas. Did you think of getting a PM (post mortum) done? I know some people dont feel its worth the money etc but I think in cases where they go all of a sudden, its worth a go. Its the only possible way you *might* get some answers.

I was only asking as i am worried incase she had a tooth root abcess (she was a dental bun) which i hadnt noticed which has burst killed her and teh pus has come out her tear duct im not sure if thats possible though :(

her pupils did go white it deffinatly looked like some kind of substance i cant explain :(

I have had all the questions in my head did she have a stroke, Seixure, heart attack I even questioned whther she fallen from teh top of the hutch and snapped her neck off the side or something sounds very unlikely i know but cant help but question it all :( but i suppose i will never know what caused it i can only ever guess :(

she does have a friend Misty im not sure if he knows shes gone yet as hes still acting normally, i will be having a long hard think about him though as he is a rabbit who gets lonely and im not sure if my hearts up for getting another one :( im going to let my head un mess itself first so i dont make any rash decisions.

Im afraid, as none of us were there, any ideas we would have would only be ideas. Did you think of getting a PM (post mortum) done? I know some people dont feel its worth the money etc but I think in cases where they go all of a sudden, its worth a go. Its the only possible way you *might* get some answers.

I deffinatly would have gotten a pm done but im sure you have to have them done in teh first few hours of death unfortunatly i found Crystal dead at 7 when i got in from work by this time her body was really stiff :(

He will have had time to accept it, and its natural for them to carry one once they understand. Badger never faltered when Rosie died, he was just the optimistic bunny he always was.

Try not to make any knee jerk decisions about Misty right now. He is ok in himself, so there is no real need. When you make those knee jerk decisions driven by grief, you often regret them later.

Just take each moment as it comes.

This might sound silly but was it not her third eyelid, the membrane that we usually don't see, and it comes out when they're really relaxed? I can se how that would look like a dry puss over the eye, if her eyes were open and it had got dried up. Just a thought.

This might sound silly but was it not her third eyelid, the membrane that we usually don't see, and it comes out when they're really relaxed? I can se how that would look like a dry puss over the eye, if her eyes were open and it had got dried up. Just a thought.

It could have been hun it makes sense thinking about it to be honest

Firstly sorry for your loss, it's a horrible shock.

When I found Bungee dead 2 years ago (only two hours after I'd seen her alive and very lively, begging in fact), she was laid out with her legs stretched out behind her like she did when she was relaxed - she didn't look like she had suffered any pain. I didn't have a PM done as I didn't realise how important it would be to me to know 'why'. She also had some white stuff in her eyes, kind of milky where the watery stuff would be in an eye. I don't know if that's what Crystal's was like? I've thought the most likely for Bungee was a heart attack as it must have been sudden. I don't think she suffered. I really hope it was quick for Crystal. You most probably didn't miss anything as she sounds like she was happy and behaving normally when you saw her this morning.

Firstly sorry for your loss, it's a horrible shock.

When I found Bungee dead 2 years ago (only two hours after I'd seen her alive and very lively, begging in fact), she was laid out with her legs stretched out behind her like she did when she was relaxed - she didn't look like she had suffered any pain. I didn't have a PM done as I didn't realise how important it would be to me to know 'why'. She also had some white stuff in her eyes, kind of milky where the watery stuff would be in an eye. I don't know if that's what Crystal's was like? I've thought the most likely for Bungee was a heart attack as it must have been sudden. I don't think she suffered. I really hope it was quick for Crystal. You most probably didn't miss anything as she sounds like she was happy and behaving normally when you saw her this morning.

Crystal does sounds like the way you found Bungee she did look relaxed so i hope she did go sudden and didnt go through any suffering :(

I was only asking as i am worried incase she had a tooth root abcess (she was a dental bun) which i hadnt noticed which has burst killed her and teh pus has come out her tear duct im not sure if thats possible though :(

her pupils did go white it deffinatly looked like some kind of substance i cant explain :(

I'm very sorry you've lost your girl.
I know it's normal to beat yourself up with all the "what if's", but I'm pretty sure that the cloudiness you saw in Crystals eyes, were very normal changes, and not the result of something you missed.
I think the white fluid that appears in the eyes post mortem is something to do with potassium as the red blood cells begin to break down.
Sleep tight Crystal.

I was thinking this too :wave:

Back