• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Anyone not feed veg?

Rachel89

Mama Doe
Also is it bad not too?

I'm seriously thinking of scrapping it with Blue, hes just putting on weight sniffing it.
If I was too, would he miss alot of things from it? Vits etc, if so would I be able to make them up in another way?

*pulls hair out*

I don't feed Louie veg cos he doesn't like it. Just a few pellets, grass, hay and herbs.

Mine have hay, limited pellets, grass, herbs and garden plants. The only veg is a tiny amount of carrot each day as a treat. The vet says they are all good weights (Clo slimmed down a lot - he was a barrel) with lovely glossy coats etc.

Clo's tummy is much better now too.

I've always classed herbs as veg, but mine get mostly herbs and a couple of bits of veg and they all seem happy and healthy enough :)

matthew and tabitha are slim and shiny on hay and vegetables. they have the odd pellet as a treat, and if the weather goes very cold i'll reintroduce pellets morning and evening - but they never had much more than a teaspoon each anyway. they have unlimited hay, as many kinds as i can provide, and about a cup of veg each, morning and evening. i cut out the pellets because they were getting to be scruffy-bummed porkers.

He gets unlimited hay and has 5pellets a day, he has a tiny bit of greens and a few bits of mint, but thinking scrapping the greens and just stick to the herbs every other day. Sodding porker :shock:

Mine have unlimited hay and just a pinch of pellets (literally between about 5 and 10 each, a day). They get grass when they go on it, or when I can pull it, and they get herbs on and off (they also get basil if they are on meds), and sometimes a small something every night to check all is well.

So mine are basically greens free. Mine, with the exception of miss fatty, all do very well on this.

bisc and matt can't tolerate veg so have a small plate of herbs a day between them - parsley, basil, coriander, thyme and dill. they have hay, grass when its dry, and dried herbs. :)

Mine have hay hay hay - pellets small amount morning & evening ( slowly weaning them to lesser amounts), excel forage with dandelions (small handful each when I have it nom nom), grass from run or if I pick it......herbs now & then....
Sometimes give them a brussell sprout but they just 6 months so not really much vege or fruit,.....

oooh banana is a favorite - but hardly ever cause they get smelly bums!:roll:

ebonys vets said only to give her hay and fruit and veg and try not to give her any pellets at all she is very healthy and eats lots of herbs

This is all very useful for a soon-to-be new bunny owner! At the moment I have pellets, timothy hay and meadow hay waiting for them. I also have some baby round carrots I've been growing since way before I even thought of getting rabbits but these will just be a rare treat (for them and me!). Is rosemary okay for them? I have an abundant rosemary plant!

This is all very useful for a soon-to-be new bunny owner! At the moment I have pellets, timothy hay and meadow hay waiting for them. I also have some baby round carrots I've been growing since way before I even thought of getting rabbits but these will just be a rare treat (for them and me!). Is rosemary okay for them? I have an abundant rosemary plant!

Yes it is :D

looks like eric will have to be limited on his veg and pellets. he's one huge nethie at the mo:oops: no idea why tho as esme eats loads more than him and he tends to graze rather than scoff like a porker yet she's tiny:? i reckon he's lazy - loads of mini binkies and flopping but not so many mad laps these days (maybe the heat hasn't helped).

Back