• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Some pics to coo and awww over.....*Up-to-date Pics Eyes Open*

Hanlou

Mama Doe
I thought I'd better update everyone on some new arrivals here! :D xx

Well the other day someone asked me if I could take on pair of mice... they were older at 18 months and were no longer being cared for. Upon asking what sex they were I was told 'a male and a female - and they're in together because the male ate out of his cage'. :roll:

Knowing a bit more than I care to discuss in detail I said 'yes' and that I wanted to take them a.s.a.p (having been told they could keep the female until she had any possible babies and 'deal' with them if I preferred! :(). They duly arrived and were separated into two of my cages etc. Buttercup (the female) is very old to be a mum; but seeing her shape I guessed that she was. On Friday she gave birth to a trio of babies.

Here's a couple of pics of a pregnant mum:

ButtercupsBabies009.jpg

ButtercupsBabies005.jpg

and here's dad...

ButtercupsBabies007.jpg

Here's some pics of the babies:

Pics from two days ago....

ButtercupsBabiesPartTwo001.jpg

ButtercupsBabiesPartTwo002.jpg

..... and pics from today.....

ButtercupsBabiesPartTwo022.jpg

ButtercupsBabiesPartTwo021.jpg

ButtercupsBabiesPartTwo017.jpg

.... this little wriggler kept trying to get away from the camera lol....

ButtercupsBabiesPartTwo020.jpg

ButtercupsBabiesPartTwo016.jpg

"Aw mum, leave us alone!" :lol:

ButtercupsBabiesPartTwo015.jpg

Hope you like! :love: xx

We're rather in love and all three will of course be staying here with us. :D xx

Last edited:
Cuteness overload! :love:

Mum and Dad are both stunning - will be interesting to see what colours the babies will be! :D

Well done you for rescuing them! :wave:

*must stealerise cutsies*

DROOOOOOOOOOOOOL

I :love::love::love: ratties :love::love:

You're on FR as well arent you??

My OH would soooooooo never let me have one though..... maybe when I have a house instead of a flat!

*must stealerise cutsies*

DROOOOOOOOOOOOOL

I :love::love::love: ratties :love::love:

You're on FR as well arent you??

My OH would soooooooo never let me have one though..... maybe when I have a house instead of a flat!

Thank you! But they are meeces....... ;)

Have to admit they are very similar to ratties whilst at the jellybean stage though lol. They just have smaller back feet! :lol:

I am on FR - have been for a while now - but no longer have any ratties xx

they are sweet..is mummy mouse ok though?

mummy mouse looks very cute too.

Thank you for asking! Bless her she's doing really well with the babies. I was so worried about her giving birth at that age. It really shouldn't have happened to her. She's getting all the food she can eat and tons of protein / fresh foods so that she doesn't get too drained.

She keeps begging for choc drops though which aren't really that healthy.... but I can't deny her a few treats. :love: xx

Well these little cuties are now one week old!! :love: xx

Pics from the past two days.. their fur is just starting to come through... looks like an agouti-cutie, a blue and a white...

BunnyShedandBabiesthree002.jpg

BunnyShedandBabiesthree006.jpg

BunnyShedandBabiesthree011.jpg

BunnyShedandBabiesthree013.jpg

Tails! :love: xx

BunnyShedandBabiesthree007.jpg

Today's pics... :D ...

BunnyShedandBabiesthree026.jpg

BunnyShedandBabiesthree027.jpg

BunnyShedandBabiesthree025.jpg

BunnyShedandBabiesthree030.jpg

BunnyShedandBabiesthree032.jpg

..... sorry for all the pics! :oops: I just can't help it - I think I'm in love! :lol: xx

AAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :love:

Oh my days, I LOVE mice, I really really reallyyyyyy want some! I've recently developed an obsession with mousies! Don't think the parents will leat me have any though :(

Here's some up-to-date pics!! Their eyes are open now! They are two weeks old now, bless them xx

Buttercupsbabiestwoweeks005.jpg

Buttercupsbabiestwoweeks084.jpg

Buttercupsbabiestwoweeks082.jpg

Buttercupsbabiestwoweeks021.jpg

Buttercupsbabiestwoweeks025.jpg

Buttercupsbabiestwoweeks027.jpg

Buttercupsbabiestwoweeks043.jpg

Buttercupsbabiestwoweeks051.jpg

Buttercupsbabiestwoweeks054.jpg

Buttercupsbabiestwoweeks077.jpg

...... I think they'll soon be running rings round mum! :love: xx

Back