• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pictures of 6ft hutches with runs attached

Alfagirl

Mama Doe
Hi guys,

If any of you have a picture of a 6ft hutch with a 6 x 4ft run attached (i.e. RWA minimum), could you please post it here and could I please use it?
My OH's cousin is getting a rescue rabbit and she has asked me to put together a book for her on how best to look after a rabbit.
Obviously I'm firstly stressing the point that she shouldn't be getting one rabbit, but a pair!

I just need a good picture of the minimum hutch requirements.

Any help would be great!!

You're welcome to use a pic of my old set up. :wave: This was before Alfie met Bubbles so you might like to point out to OH's cousin how depressed he looks on his own. ;) :lol: Perhaps add in a couple of photos of loved up bunnies to hammer home the point.;)

DSCF6576700x525.jpg

I hope the booklet does the trick. :D

Here you go:

DSC01204.jpg

DSC01202.jpg

Oops someone beat me to it!! Twinkle was on her own in here as she was testing it out before she went to ARC to meet Sparkle.

Haha, looks like the same hutch with a spookily similar bun inside. :shock: :lol::lol:

Is it a happy hutch?? were there any problems with this hutch and run, just looking at different options again as I might be moving!!

(sorry for hijacking thread)

That's a great idea however, has she checked with the rescue that she plans to use what their minimum sizes are? Lot's don't stick to the 6x2, 6x4 rule so well worth checking out if not done already :wave:

Is it a happy hutch?? were there any problems with this hutch and run, just looking at different options again as I might be moving!!

Mine is a happy hutch. I havent found any problems as such.. niggly things like I have put my hutch facing over the run so it is hard to get into it and the ramp moves so have to put a brick at the bottom to stop it moving.

Other than that - no problems!

The only real problem with mine was that water seeped through the tongue and groove in heavy rain - a few coats of fence paint sorted that though. :)

I think it looks lovely in green. :love:

here is a picture of mine, my dad and myself made it and the run part has been rebuilt only because i got bored and wanted it altering. Think my hutch is just longer than 6ft.

Making the hutch was alot cheaper than buying one. think it all came to about £100 and it is so sturdy and the walls are thick and wind proof.

hope it helps

DSC01012.jpg

Bramble is a single bunny at the moment cos i am trying to find him a wife!!!

Hi guys,

Thank you SO much for the pictures, they are EXACTLY what I was looking for!!

I've got lots of cute pictures of my two pairs all snuggled up together, so will be pressing that point!
I just want her to grow up to be a responsible rabbit owner, and help her get it right the first time.

I'm going to mention the Forum too - she's maybe a bit young to join up, but she can read all the information threads, and look at the pictures.

Thanks again everyone!!

I wish someone had told me how to get it right first time! would have saved me a lot of money.

not a 6ft but a 5ft double, which works out at a similar sq ft, just in a different shape

IMG_6381.jpg

IMG_6380.jpg

Back