• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Don't know whether to take these 2 bunnies or not :o(

sacol4940

Warren Veteran
It's these two:

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=236299

The OH has now agreed that I can have them, but having these 2 means he won't let us get a cat. Now I'd love a cat and I think the OH wants one more than me, but i can't help thinking about these 2 cutie pies :(

Also, my cousin has a rabbit that lives in a Nero cage pretty much permanently, it gets let out once in a blue moon :( Poor Daisy is so overweight that she looks rectangular shaped :( My cousins kids terrorise the poor girl too (they're 3 and 1) :( My cousins wife doesnt want her anymore but my cousin is adament that she's staying - I've jokingly said to them that i'll take her but i was serious. So now I'm thinking that if I take the lionhead pair of OH's mates, I can't take Daisy if my cousin decides to get rid of her :(

I don't know what to do for the best :(

Awwh :( I'd missed the previous thread, the bunnies are gorgeous. 2 boys though :shock: Suprised they havent yet fought.

I guess it depends if you really want a cat. Could you not have the 2 bunnies, bond them with P&P to all live in the new setup, and then still have a cat ;) Can i interest you in a house cat? :lol:

All the best in deciding hun :) xXx

Awwh :( I'd missed the previous thread, the bunnies are gorgeous. 2 boys though :shock: Suprised they havent yet fought.

I guess it depends if you really want a cat. Could you not have the 2 bunnies, bond them with P&P to all live in the new setup, and then still have a cat ;) Can i interest you in a house cat? :lol:

All the best in deciding hun :) xXx

Well, if the 2 buns were boys, then the plan was to try and bond them P&P :D but if one of them is a girl then I won't even bother trying to bond them after the scrap Peaches and Jose had :roll:

Funnily enough though, I think Adam wants a house cat as opposed to an outdoorsy one :D But he's said that its the bunnies or a cat :( even though the buns would be outside from Day1, and would only come inside if they're ill. He doesnt have to pay for them or do anything for them. But he still doesnt want both and I dont get why. Men are strange creatures.

But then what about poor Daisy :( If I take the 2 lionheads or get a cat, then what if my cousin decides that they don't want her anymore, I won't be able to take her :(

Hmm... maybe you should see if your cousin really would want you to take Daisy? It sounds as though Daisy would be better off with you as apose to the 2 unwanted bunnies :( Thing is, its hard to approach family members to ask if they actually want to give their pet up :?

Bless you hun, what a situation to be in :( Theres just so many unwanted pets out there :( xXx

personaly id wait to see if daisy ends up with you, I have a feeling sods law you get the pair you will end up with a problem with daisy

Im afraid we cant save them all :(

I think I've decided to not take on the lionhead pair from Adam's mate :(

As daft as it probably sounds, as I've never seen their hutch, what they get fed etc, I don't know how "bad" their situation is. Whereas with Daisy, I've seen how sad she looks and how uncomfortable she looks moving around in her small cage with all that extra weight she's carrying :( So I'd rather wait and see what happens with her.

As for getting a cat, who knows

Sounds like Daisy needs some TLC bless her....and some room to run....

Hope the 2 boys are ok too....its a hard one....

As for the cat - well - sometimes stray cats just decide to stay with you! Its happened to my sister - and it was a beautiful long haired fluffy black cat with green eyes....all of a few weeks old! with no mom....now wouldnt your OH say YES even if you had more buns! :D

Awwh i think you've made the right decision hun. It sounds like Daisy needs helping first :( I know its hard to go with your head over your heart :( x

Back