• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Poorly Bun - Vibes please

holidayhutch

Warren Veteran
We have a gorgeous little bun here on his holiday who is poorly and needed an Emergency vet visit last night.

He lost his wife last week before he came to stay and as he had been before and we knew his personality I could tell he wasn't himself. He has hardly eaten since late Saturday night(though still doing a few poos) and just sits frozen in one place whereever you put him. Picked him up yesterday to do his bum check and he was soaked underneath and shivering and weak.

The owners tell me he weighed 3kg at his last health check, yesterday he weighed 1.87kg and the vet said he is very thin. His temperature is also very low and he also feels very cold. He had 2 injections and I bought him home. We have also bought him indoors on the vets advice, he is on a heat pad too, yet still cold and he is being syringe fed. We have one very poorly bun here, due back at the vets later today with him.

Sending lots of vibes for your holiday boarder! Its so worrying for everyone when that happens!

He's not doing too good :( Had another injection this afternoon but is still incredibly cold. I've had him down my top trying to get some body warmth off me but after half an hour he was still shivering. We go back again in the morning. On the plus side he has eaten a couple of pellets on his own, but the small amount of poo he has done is almost black.

Back