• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

bed and bunnies Q

donnamt

Wise Old Thumper
would a shower curtain under a duvet cover have the same effect as a mattress protector. ???

someone here at work has suggest rubbing Hollys nose in her pee :shock::shock::shock: i mean do people even do that to dogs!! let alone bunnies :cry::cry::cry:

i dont want to ban them from my room i love them running about crazy but i need to protect the duvet too because its back breaking washing the bloody thing :lol::lol::lol::lol:

i dont mind them peeing but my bed is sacred :lol::lol:

How about blocking off your bed? That's what I've had to do with mine. Some people say that foil on the bed stops them weeing or going on it or something. No idea how true that is.

If you want her to have access to your bed, why not have a 'bunny duvet' that you put over your stuff so if they do go on it and wee maybe with a shower curtain underneath), it doesnt go on your stuff?

How about blocking off your bed? That's what I've had to do with mine. Some people say that foil on the bed stops them weeing or going on it or something. No idea how true that is.

If you want her to have access to your bed, why not have a 'bunny duvet' that you put over your stuff so if they do go on it and wee maybe with a shower curtain underneath), it doesnt go on your stuff?

i like the idea of a bunny duvet they could even have the one i had to wash last night but its so heavy to wash it would be easier if it was just the cover that got soiled.

i dont want to ban them from the bed, some of my fave memories of Pearl are her lounging on the bed :love::love:

ironically bigs and carrie although they dont pee in it, I think i only have one duvet set left that doesnt have holes in it, they chewed my duvet and pillows,

big and carrie have an old bed blanket that covers their cage at night, i now every morning take off my duvet and pillows and put the bun blanket over the bed and they dont chew my bed, i assume because the blanket smells of them,

I know its not peeing but you could try it

ironically bigs and carrie although they dont pee in it, I think i only have one duvet set left that doesnt have holes in it, they chewed my duvet and pillows,

big and carrie have an old bed blanket that covers their cage at night, i now every morning take off my duvet and pillows and put the bun blanket over the bed and they dont chew my bed, i assume because the blanket smells of them,

I know its not peeing but you could try it

i found they like to chew too :lol::lol: i have a bunny duvet cover that also got washed last night and it worked well with Alvin and Pearl but Holly is a law onto her self. shes a pee monster :shock:

i think if i have time tonight ill nip to tescos and try the shower curtain idea. if it dont work ill just have to keep washing the duvet lol

I used to have a plastic sheet and then a duvet. The duvet kinds of soaks it up then. If you buy a cheap thin low tog one for this purpose that's a bit easier to wash. Now I just use a plastic sheet, when I go away I'll put a duvet on top though. I find they pee less often on just the sheet though because it isn't as soft underfoot.

hope the duvet has dried out or no bedroom for my pair tonight :( cant risk her peeing on the mattress id never get it clean or smell free :?

I never know which one it is. :roll: I suspect some of the time it's bossy Mini trying to boss me around - she does this quite often, trying to nudge me out of the way. :roll:

I never know which one it is. :roll: I suspect some of the time it's bossy Mini trying to boss me around - she does this quite often, trying to nudge me out of the way. :roll:

i found a couple of websites that said its a dominance thing which will be why she did it sitting next to me then on my bed and also why its only just started happening, shes settled in totally i think :shock:

i have a vision of us wresting for Alvins love :lol::lol::lol:

You can get waterproof duvet covers (used for incontinent people) which would save the duvet getting wet. Just do a google search and you should find something suitable. P & S healthcare make them, as do other companies. Or pop to local mobility shop.

Back