• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Big lump on ear

pinkyblare

Alpha Buck
Went out to clean bunnies and feed this morning and i noticed Flopsy had a big lump on his left ear, its like a scab but scabbed both sides if you get me i had little feel feels quite big and hard any idea what it could be i am sure i would of noticed before it scabbed so very strange indeed? ay ideas what it could be

Sounds like a bite wound if the scabbing is on both sides of the ear.
I'd get the vet to check it out as it might need abx, and then who knows, in five years time, like Monica, Flopsy might graduate college, and have an awesome career.

they are due the VHD tomo so will get them to check it out i was just shocked to see such big hard lump i tend to them everyday and not noticed it yesterday not seen them fighting or any fur as if they have been very strange Toto not got nasty bone in his body but guess we dont watch their every move:roll:

Did your vet give the 10% part of the myxo jab in Flopsys left ear?

If so maybe this could be a reaction to the jab.

Good luck at the vets:)

Did your vet give the 10% part of the myxo jab in Flopsys left ear?

If so maybe this could be a reaction to the jab.

Good luck at the vets:)

ARGH now you got me thinking!:shock: it was in that ear and he bled at the time i wonder if he has been messing/grooming too much and caused it to scab? i hope its nothing serious anyone else had reactions to Myxi jab oh no he got more jabs tomo i am scared now do they do that in the ear too?

ARGH now you got me thinking!:shock: it was in that ear and he bled at the time i wonder if he has been messing/grooming too much and caused it to scab? i hope its nothing serious anyone else had reactions to Myxi jab oh no he got more jabs tomo i am scared now do they do that in the ear too?

No, the VHD Vaccine is given subcutaneously into the scruff :)

[/B]

No, the VHD Vaccine is given subcutaneously into the scruff :)

They did as you said do in neck they were fine Toto has also developed a small hard lump on his left ear but not on the place where he would of had the Myxi jab its more near the base of the ear whereas Flopsy's is near the top of his ear very strange indeed, vet seemed to think could be small reaction but as it wasnt bothering them or none looked infected was told to leave for now they shoudl go on own accord and to go straight back if they change in anyway or get angry looking or seem to be bothering them, they never flinched when me or the vet had good touch and look but all seems vert strange indeed:shock::?:?:?

Back