• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How much for tooth removals?

Bobbin

Warren Scout
We have a little Nethie with an out of line front tooth. In the past we've just had the front teeth out and the bun has been fine..... and it's been around the £50 mark.

Mum took the bun to the vet yesterday, and was quoted £100!. When she queried it, she was told it was down as £250 on the system, but as she is an OAP, they will do it for £100.

What do you think?

The fees at our vets are shooting up. It can only have a knock on effect to the poor animals, who wont get the treatment 'cos people can't afford it.:(:(

I paid £130 for Jasmine to have 2 of her incisors out a couple of months back ...that also included a tear duct flush so it would have been a bit less.

I'm in Coventry. I'm going to ask at the Pet Vaccination Clinic to see how much they charge. We've had teeth out before and it's only been £50-60.

Frankly we're a bit worried about him getting through the op because he's a really small nethie.... my Mum trusts our vet.... but I don't want her paying out £100 and then having to have him pts or losing him on the table.

When I find out how much the pet vacc clinic charges, I'll post it. It may be of interest to others.
Thanks
Deb

It cost me £260+ to get Daphne's insicors removed. :shock:

I had to take her in twice - the first time I booked her in to have them removed, missed a call from the vet whilst she was there, rang back, turned out the vet was ringing for permission to remove them (that's what I booked her in for... duh!) and told me over the phone that as I hadn't answered, he'd just burred them. When I picked her up, I was charged £80 and booked her in again for the following week. This time they actually did remove the teeth and charged me another £180. :evil::censored:

I'm quite jelous that it's possible to get it done for £50. Being on an island, the vets here can charge what they like. Where else can I go?! :roll:

It cost me £260+ to get Daphne's insicors removed. :shock:

I had to take her in twice - the first time I booked her in to have them removed, missed a call from the vet whilst she was there, rang back, turned out the vet was ringing for permission to remove them (that's what I booked her in for... duh!) and told me over the phone that as I hadn't answered, he'd just burred them. When I picked her up, I was charged £80 and booked her in again for the following week. This time they actually did remove the teeth and charged me another £180. :evil::censored:

I'm quite jelous that it's possible to get it done for £50. Being on an island, the vets here can charge what they like. Where else can I go?! :roll:

What a joke!! There are quite a few vets in my town, they are always very honest how much a treatment will cost. But always suprises me the variations between quotes....I think the cheaper vet provides a better service aswell.

Nunzeo went infor a dental, it was £30 for the app, £100-£130 for the GA and burr, they found he had an infected tooth which they removed, I can't remember what the cost was then. He didn't recover well from the GA, so they tried giving him life saving drugs, which unfortuantly didn't work. With the cremation as well I would have been paying more than £250, but the lovely vets onlycharged me for the drugs given to him,which was £11. I'd have paied alot more to have had him survive.

I have learnt to never complain about vet prices, because you can alway make more money, but you can never get your pet back.

Back