• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vibes for Grace please

XMissySJx

Wise Old Thumper
I have a boarder with me at the moment, she is a very elderly little Nethie, she had suffered from flystrike about four times in her whole life, so when her owners booked again this year i asked that she went in our indoor boarding room so i can keep a closer eye on her.

last night i walked past to check on her and there was an AWFUL smell, i looked underneath and she had awful diahorrea underneath her and was caked in wee. It stunk worse than any other urine i have ever smelt it was foul, - which leads me to ask , do you think that could be a sign of a urine infection??

Me and my mum sat there for an hour and a half cleaning her, she was grooming my mum while we did it!:love:
However i couldnt get it all off and she is sitting with her bum in the air so im taking her to the vets first thing, as i have a inkling she has maybe a urine infection??

anyone have any ideas?

Does sound a bit like a wee infection. Poor lil lady x

Vibes that she gets on well at the vets x

Sending positive vibes your way to Grace xxx
Sorry i don't know what it could be but just wanted to say hope all goes well at the vets.

I agree about the urine infection however, if she's got diahorrea at the mo and has had flysrike in the past i would also put her diet/teeth in question. If you could get her teeth looked at in the vets then that would be great (I'm sure you would anyway) and also, what pellets is she on?

One of mine can only eat SS mature, anything else gives her the squits something chronic. She was returned to the shelter with awful flystrike by her last owners as they weren't prepared to deal with the problem. Just a thought that this could be what's happening to this little one as well.

We're waiting now, iPhone lol. She only eats muesli she won't eat pellets. She has tried many times. She just smells so awful, she's stinking out the car! Something has to be wrong, at a closer look she looks quite red almost like look she has red patches like urine burns so no wonder shes sore. They look after her very well she is always at the vets poor mite. Will fin out what they say.

Sending tons of vibes!! Its a very stressfull thing when your furry is ill and your away on hols ;) But she's in very good hands :D Hopefully they'll be able to sort her out at Spring Lodge!

Back