• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Unlitter training - why?

Rachel89

Mama Doe
My guys have been soo good about useing there litter trays etc. But the last two weeks they have decided to poo and wee everywere and I mean everywere.
They haven't fallen out or being territorial (so) to each other so I'm 99% its not that.
Does this happen normally? how do I go about getting them trained again?
Its such a state every morning I go out to them.
Iv'e been putting there poo and any wet bits in the trays to get them use to thinking thats were to go, like I did before when I trained them but its not working.

Honey and Blue have used theres since they were about 4months and Bracken about 2weeks after Iv;e got her so not recently done then they have forgotten or got confused about it.

I noticed with my 2, as Oscar has a little bit of sore hocks I put layers of hay on the flooring in the kennel but 2 days later had to remove it all as they was weeing andpooping everywhere, so hygiene was a concern....went back to fleeces and hay in their trays and one basket.....much better and cleaner!

Carlo has always pooped all over the place, to be fair though half the time I think that he is trying to make it to the litter tray:roll:

But recently Bobby has done it too, it also is when hay is on the floor so I am going to have to go back to blankets and stuff!

they even sit beside their litter tray whilst munching the hay in it, then when they hop off there is a little pile of poop on the floor:?

So will be watching this thread with interest:wave:

Mine are untraining themselves too! Since I moved them to a bigger hutch they've decided that litter training is no longer crucial, even though the layout is the same, just on a larger scale!

I'm thinking about putting in a second litter tray, so there's one in each corner to see if that'll help. I have taken out the finacard I put in there, which has improved things a little, but they're still going in the hay which I cover the floor with, but I don't want to get rid of that!

Looks like I'm going to have too :?

xxx

Mine are untraining themselves too! Since I moved them to a bigger hutch they've decided that litter training is no longer crucial, even though the layout is the same, just on a larger scale!

I'm thinking about putting in a second litter tray, so there's one in each corner to see if that'll help. I have taken out the finacard I put in there, which has improved things a little, but they're still going in the hay which I cover the floor with, but I don't want to get rid of that!
Looks like I'm going to have too :?

xxx
Its almost like they think if there is hay there that it is a giant toilet:roll:

Mine never have hay on the floor,, they have it in big baskets they have to eat through the gaps and tonnes of hanging baskety things and hayracks.
They just pee and poo on bare concrete :?

So glad its not just me, was thinking maybe it was something I had done unintentionally. Phew.

Its strange Bobs has only just started doing it, I put it down to copying Carlo.. if he bites the walls, then she has got to have a little munch.. if he poops on the floor, that is obviously the cool thing to do:roll:

twice Holly has piddled right next to me while ive been plucking Alvin :? and the other day i moved the litter tray and she piddled where the litter trat should be.. shes got a right attitude that lady..

shes discovered my bed tonight for the first time since shes lived here... im erm slightly worried :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

twice Holly has piddled right next to me while ive been plucking Alvin :? and the other day i moved the litter tray and she piddled where the litter trat should be.. shes got a right attitude that lady..

shes discovered my bed tonight for the first time since shes lived here... im erm slightly worried :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Thankfully mine only do it in their room, it used to be all over the place when she was a baby, i couldn't have visitors it was embarrassing:oops:

Holly is a gal with attitude I love it:love:

I have one litter tray in their run of kennel nr the baskets of hay and one in the inner shed area. They always wee in the tray now I've removed the hay off the floor ...but afew poos as they're eating isn't too bad...I usually nudge their bottom into the trats and they then jump in :lol:

before i bonded mine they were brill and only went in their toilet. :)
then i bonded them and they wee'd in the toilet but poo'd everywhere.
after a short while i got gizzy and he is absolutly rubbish...he poo's and pee's anywhere. :lol: i have given up now and just i just think he likes to cause me more work! :lol:

Its strange Bobs has only just started doing it, I put it down to copying Carlo.. if he bites the walls, then she has got to have a little munch.. if he poops on the floor, that is obviously the cool thing to do:roll:

Oh, don't you just hate those girls that always follow their Boyfriend around copying them all the time...

:lol:

xxx

It's now only a matter of time ;):lol:

If I put hay or soft things out they pee on them. Nutmeg pees and poos whenever she smells a strange bunny. The rest of them are pretty good - as long as there is no soft things around.

I put hay on the floor because mine don't really like to eat from hay racks :roll:. Heaven forbid they eat clean hay. I also scatter their pellets into it for them to forage arond in.

mine either think burns green oat hay is highly overated OR it's because I put it in the hay rack :?:roll:

Xxx

It's now only a matter of time ;):lol:

If I put hay or soft things out they pee on them. Nutmeg pees and poos whenever she smells a strange bunny. The rest of them are pretty good - as long as there is no soft things around.

she peed.... i was soaking my duvet in the bath at 11.30 last night :roll::roll:

alvin is not impressed that they got locked up last night :(

now where to get a plastic mattress cover from hmmmm :(

she peed.... i was soaking my duvet in the bath at 11.30 last night :roll::roll:

alvin is not impressed that they got locked up last night :(

now where to get a plastic mattress cover from hmmmm :(

Oh dear. I feel your pain.

Argos do plastic covers. They do a set quite cheaply, I don't use it as intended though. I put the double sheet and mattress bit over my duvet when I'm not in it. When I am in it whenever they jump up I put them on the floor again. It's mainly Mischa who is the problem. He's scared of jumping down, bless him, so he gets 'caught short'. Though they were also doing it for attention but that's stopped now I've stopped feeding them first thing.

I also bought a couple of cheap thin duvets for this weather so in summer I can just shove the old one in the machine and use a new one. I have a single bed though so this may not work so well for a double.

Oh dear. I feel your pain.

Argos do plastic covers. They do a set quite cheaply, I don't use it as intended though. I put the double sheet and mattress bit over my duvet when I'm not in it. When I am in it whenever they jump up I put them on the floor again. It's mainly Mischa who is the problem. He's scared of jumping down, bless him, so he gets 'caught short'. Though they were also doing it for attention but that's stopped now I've stopped feeding them first thing.

i think maybe she smelled pearl :? or she really is trying to show me whos boss as it was on my side not Ste's.. there was no caught short with her... she was in the litter tray several times after discovering the bed... i have to face it.. i have a skanky bunny :(

matthew and tabitha went through this phase last year, when they were overawed by their accommodation! (they'd moved back into the living room but have the whole of the dining area). i put extra litter trays everywhere they had a wee or poo. for a while i (they!) had seven trays. when they were settled, (a month or more) they went back to using the two trays they had originally used, and all the other trays became loungers. now they're down to two for poo and one with hay for lounging.

i think maybe she smelled pearl :? or she really is trying to show me whos boss as it was on my side not Ste's.. there was no caught short with her... she was in the litter tray several times after discovering the bed... i have to face it.. i have a skanky bunny :(

It may be she's trying to tell you she loves you or wants your attention. You mentioned she did it when you were plucking Alvin too? Maybe she loves you more than you realise. ;) I've had occasions, actually had one today, where I've not gone to bed all night due to my ME insomnia and have come back to a wee on the bed as if they are saying 'where are you? you should be here'.

It may be she's trying to tell you she loves you or wants your attention. You mentioned she did it when you were plucking Alvin too? Maybe she loves you more than you realise. ;) I've had occasions, actually had one today, where I've not gone to bed all night due to my ME insomnia and have come back to a wee on the bed as if they are saying 'where are you? you should be here'.

:lol::lol::lol::lol: wishful thinking :(

Back