• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Will he be bullied?

Michelle_stt

Alpha Buck
As you know Iv rescued a tiny dutch bunny. He is only a baby so im not sure if he is scared or being bullied. I have a 4month old male whois due to be neutered this week.

I usually let my bunnies run round my front room for a few hours to try and encourage them to realise im not a bad guy.

I was holding Jakey (dutch) and Edward came over for a sniff and seemed fine.

I put Jakey on the floor and he started dashing round the front room, Edward was galloping after him.

Will he bully him as obviousley both are not neutered as of yet.

:? Why are you doing that at the moment? I think it would be best to get them all neutered and then bond them as a group, you could end up with one of them getting hurt doing it this way, same sex rabbits are quite territorial and can fight.

:wave: hello because the new bun is a baby, you still have the terrible teens to come, so even if the bond was successful right now, it may break down when new buns hormones take over. If the fight is really bad you may not be able to bond them again unfortunatley:cry:

So I agree with Vicky, get all the neutering out of the way first, and give it a few weeks for the hormones to die down and start bonding in a neutral area, try and get any scent from your other buns awau from this area. this should help with the territorial scraps that can occur.

Not sure exactly how many weeks that you have to wait after neutering a male, maybe someone with more experience can help.

Your new Bunny is just gorge tho:love:

Back