• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Stories with happy endings :)

KTJ

Alpha Buck
There's a lot of upset, poorly bunnies and unfortunate things going on on RU recently, so I thought it would be a nice idea to remind ourselves of more positive things :)
If anyone has got any nice stories they want to share, please please add them to this thread. If this only cheers up one person, then I'll be happy!

I think one story which I think I could share is Alfie's story.
He was rescued from a breeder 20 miles away from me who was getting rid of old stock, and I was worried what would happen to the buns if they didn't find homes, so I went to meet the person. Alfie was in a 3 foot hutch, couldn't stand up straight, had never been handled, never been named, and never been able to run around, so he was a very very timid bunny. Within 10 minutes of leaving the breeders place and getting home, I had named him and cuddled him and let him have a good run around.

Nearly 3 months later, Alfie has been neutered, has his own massive hutch, and although he doesn't know it yet, he will hopefully be bonded with 2 of my girls, Snuffles and Nutella in a couple of weeks time. His personality is just gorgeous, he enjoys cuddles, he doesnt mind being held, and as soon as you open his hutch, he runs out and bows his head ready for a noserub :love: He was only meant to be a foster, but I found him his forever home......... with me :D

This is my beautiful boy doing what he enjoys best.... bunny snuggles!!

AlfieandMum.jpg

:oops: Just realised that this is in Chat, not Stories and Photos :oops:

Last edited:
Awe he's gorgeous.

My two came from a breeder too. I don't even think his hutches are 3 feet. Wall to wall little cramped single mini lops. I hated watching him put the bunnies back in as he showed them proudly to me. I took 2. Benson and Lola bonded immediately as if they were just meant to be together. They now live in Bunningham Palace - 6x4 shed with constant access to 8x4 run.

Piggies were given to me by a very dirty breeder who keeps his stock in terrible conditions. Was only supposed to get one but took two, just to rescue one more from him!! Hazel was terrified as in 14 months she hadn't been handled and lived with another piggie in a tiny cage - she has bite chunks out of her ears. Penelope was tortured with lice and it was heartbreaking to watch her. A month on - Hazel comes running when I call her and has a lovely area of hay to snuggle into that is just her own. Penny, had to be shaved to get rid of nits but she is so much happier now and I haven't seen her scratching or whirling round for ages.

Two happy bunnies, two happy piggies. I only wish I had money and time for more!!

My four boys were abandoned where I worked - Buttercup as the daddy was very underweight, and the babies were only about 3 months old at most. They had apparently been dumped by someone at a breeder and he dumped them with us - so I took them all home!!!

Butters was sooo shy, but now, after many months, he'll come up for nose rubs :love:

The babies (Blackie, Dan & Clo) are so cheeky.

They live in pairs now (4 boys together, even when neutered, was a bit much, as the middle ranking 2 both wanted to be second in command)

I can't imagine life without them now (although my bank balance would be far healthier :lol:)

This one hasn't got a happy ending but it has a happy middle(ish.)
Tulip and Tiesto were in my local newsagents ads, Just said "Free" couldn't even be bothered to put "to a good home":evil:

When I got them Tulip was seriously underweight and her breathing was seriously laboured:cry: Her appetite was virtually nil, the vet thinks she has been like this for months. They were in a small hutch, the run was smaller:roll: She was diagnosed with severe pneumonia, no vacs or neuter.

8 weeks later (and a whole lot of different meds) and she is eating and binkying and loves a nose rub and eats like a pig. They live, free range, in my daughters bedroom, and she loves them to bits. They really brighten my day as I think, every time I see them, "your safe now, all the food you can eat,the best vet in the area, and a mummy that will love you forever:love:"

Future plans are to get Tulip well enough to be neutered:D

ETA Tulip looks just like Alfie:love:

Yay a happy thread!

My 2 are rescues too. They were from P@H originally and kept in a garden in a small run with only grass and water... and we all know how fast bunnies get through grass. Needless to say it must have been a sorry sight.

They were given to a rescue, neutered and put a bit of weight. We fostered them and obviously could never have given them back! They are both now up to weight and are very happy and loving buns. Couldn't ask for better :D

I love this thread! :)

I never dreamed of owning rabbits but when I had to give up my 2 rats (Paddy (RIP little man) & Ollie) as my mum was allergic to them & was left with an empty space in my heart. :(

My friend told me about Rodge & that his owners were going to let him out in the woods, I freaked & took him home. Now I had no clue how to look after a rabbit so after weeks of reading, Rodge & I became a great team! :) He was neutered, vaccinated, re-housed in 'The Penthouse' all within 2 months! (Very expensive!)

I know have Sookie, who has brought even more joy to my life! I love how they pounce on me when im lying in the garden, fall off the steps when theyre nodding off in the sunshine & know exactly where im hiding the treats in my pocket. :love:

Lily Shane was named Snotter at her previous home on account of her chronic snuffles.A tiny little thing on public viewing with her siblings.
Sadly, she caught ringworm and was treated with a very strong chemical for cattle.
The ringworm and snuffles together meant she coulfd not be bred and could not be handled or on show.The only thing left to do was to er....um.....be despatched.
A member of staff called me and i went to collect her.I renamed her Lily Shane and although I have since discovered she has spinal problems, I love her so so much.She has fighting spirit...and all the time she has that, I will help her to enjoy her life, however long she has with me.

Prior to this, I was sent on an errand of mercy.This little man fell down a slope in his cage at 9 weeks old.His back end was paralysed and Despatching was the idea...till I got a phone call.I collected him and went to see my vet.There was hope.BB is now almost 2 yrs old, and does all things bunny!!!

There is no doubt that had there been no hope for these 2 bunnies I would have had the vet do the kindest thing....humanely.

Hettie..we took her and 20 other rabbits in from an awful home.
Some had been kept in small boxes..all un neutered..allowed to breed and fight:cry:

Hettie had obvious teeth probs, also turned out to have two damaged/mis formed tear ducts so has constant sticky eyes.
No one wanted to adopt her due to these probs and the fact she doesn't like other bunnies or people much..but 3 and a half years on she is still here enjoying life. She binkies round her run and I always feel emotional..and despite her grumpiness, I love her:love:

Hettie.jpg

Thank you SO much for sharing all these happy stories :love:

Honeybunny, Hettie is so gorgeous. Her temperament sounds just like my Flopsy, he doesn't seem to like anything or anyone, he even lunges and bites if I am not quick enough taking his food bowl out :shock: but similar to you, just watching him binky around and just doing what he wants, in his own little world makes me smile. I loves him, even if he doesn't love me!!

Dexter - Not really rescue but she was the last of a liter and therefore to big to be cute so no one wanted her I got her free and she's never really grown so I ended up with the worlds smallest bun even though people thought she was too big :lol:

Lilly - Owners split up and their parents wouldn't let them keep her when they moved back home. She was up for rehomiong in a pet shop (not p@h) I took her home after seeing her scratching at the glass to get at me. She was my first ever friendly bunny and I've loved her from day one :love:

Carlisle - He was in a right state. Overgrown claws and mites :censored: I bargined with the pet shop to give me him free if I bought an expensive run. If they hadn't given him to me I would have bought him. He was the saddest and most scared bun i've ever seen in my life. He was a bit ugly too :lol: I said to the OH who will buy him when he looks so bad. He's bonded with Lilly and they are so in love it makes me want to cry. He is now a very handsome boy very sleek coat and just gorgeous I swell with pride everytime I look at how far he's come.

Jasper - Another rehome where his owners just couldn't be bothered anymore. He was in decent condition but desparate for human company scratching at the glass like Lilly had before him. He's now bonded with Dexter.

Back