• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New vet nurse

Snowberry

Wise Old Thumper
There was a new vet nurse when I took Bungle for his myxi. Had a very interesting conversation with her;

As she peers into carrier- "errrrr, whats that?"

Me- "A rabbit!

her- "errrr, it dont look like a rabbit".

Me- "well trust me he is!"

her- "whats up with him"

Me- "nothing, he is here for his myxi vaccine"

Her- "you vaccinate rabbits? I didnt know you could".

Me- "yes."

I then asked for some more recovery feed for Snowdrop incase Lynne needs it while im away and got..

her-"they do liquid food for rabbits"

Me- "yes"

Her-" thats weird"

:roll: I hope to god she never looks after my rabbits!

:shock::shock:

I've got to say without exception all the nurses I've ever dealt with are pretty clued up on rabbits. (I've met a few vets I don't want to met again) but the nurses have filled me with confidence in their abilities.

I'm shocked that the one you met was willing to show how little she knew. My instinct in that situation has always been to bluff :?

:shock::shock::shock:worrying!!! surely at vet nurse school they tell them what bunnies are,show them pictures etc?when she asked what it was you should have replied "a horse":D

Being Devils Advocat here but it sounds like she maybe just a receptionist?

'just a receptionist'

I am a receptionist at a vets and am very clued up on rabbits and guinea pigs and lots of other animals. I always offer advice where I can and mention this forum and the piggie forum to new owners.

I think one of the hardest things I dealt with recently was someone telling me their rabbit wasn't as important as their dog!!!!! How I kept my mouth shut I will never know :censored:

Back