• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

No.....this cant be happening........babys have gone............escaped:'(

ash&crystal

Alpha Buck
i cant believe ii am typing this....
well my rabbit had a litter and i invited a friend over...... and my mum called me in for tea to set the table......thats the last time i saw them..... my friend and sister left the door open.......and now theyve gone......we've caught mum and two babys.......but hermi and spot are still missing....... i cant believe this is happening to me:cry::cry:what am i going to do?...:(

How old are they? Did they go out the front door or the back? They might still be hanging about outside the house if they have only just got out recently

they are in a hutch we have a field right beside us i have just got in from serching for them :cry: they are 11 weeks old so young how can they defend themselves:cry::cry: they will just be killed:cry:

Last edited:
if they only got out recently then they could still be out in the garden so try blocking off any exits and tell any neighbours and ask if they've saw them or you could always go for the 'leave some food out and watch to see if they find it' plan, thats the one that worked when my dad left the hutch roof open and Sox got out ???

hope you find them alive and healthy xx

if they only got out recently then they could still be out in the garden so try blocking off any exits and tell any neighbours and ask if they've saw them or you could always go for the 'leave some food out and watch to see if they find it' plan, thats the one that worked when my dad left the hutch roof open and Sox got out ???

hope you find them alive and healthy xx

food is out but im pretty sure they arent in the garden so i have left the gate open to let them back in. just hoping they will come back for mum and sit by hutch??

food is out but im pretty sure they arent in the garden so i have left the gate open to let them back in. just hoping they will come back for mum and sit by hutch??

Do you have a run you can put the buns you still have in so they babies can see/smell them??

Dont leave the other bunnies in the run overnight, thinking it will attract the others back. They might still be in the garden - behind or under a shed. Go have another look as its not always obvious. What about neighbours gardens.

They still might be in the area. Check everywhere. Bunnies have the tendancy to "blend in" with the surrounding environment. Don't loose hope yet. I do hope you are able to find them.

xx Juli

Dont leave the other bunnies in the run overnight, thinking it will attract the others back. They might still be in the garden - behind or under a shed. Go have another look as its not always obvious. What about neighbours gardens.

I didnt mean overnight, I meant supervised, I would sit nearby or at a window where you can watch out and see if any babas come out of hiding! Obv will only work until its dark.

Do you have some beds or something you can put out for them to hide in? Like an open carrier with LOTS of hay to hide in? They might go there in the night and then - hay presto - theyre caught!!

I didnt mean overnight, I meant supervised, I would sit nearby or at a window where you can watch out and see if any babas come out of hiding! Obv will only work until its dark.

Do you have some beds or something you can put out for them to hide in? Like an open carrier with LOTS of hay to hide in? They might go there in the night and then - hay presto - theyre caught!!

I will go fill a carrier i am going to go see if i can find a spot to sit in where can see them but where im not too obvious

Last edited:
yeah i am sitting out by a window and will go fill a carrier i am going to go see if i can find a spot to sit in where can see them but where im not too obvious

I had a rabbit run away on me, she was only 18 months (I know thats a lot older than yours) and I didnt have a VERY secure garden.... it was horrible, but I went out one morning, 3 days later, and she was outside the hutch :shock: Dont give up hope!! I dont know where she hid, there were only houses etc and all the other gardens were secure..... there was a field with wood at the bottom of the garden but that was the dog walking park. I thought she was gone for good!! :? Blinking things!!

I def recommend the carrier (or even more spread out in the garden if you have more than one).

This just reminded me of when my bun was attacked by a coyote a long time ago. I thought the coyote got him however the little guy came back in a couple days and was hanging out by his shed. However he was about a year old at the time. Sometimes younger buns like to stay close with the mom. Where did you find the mom and two babies? They might be still at the same area.

xx Juli

We had a baby bun escape yeeaarrrss ago.... he lived in the field for a few years (3 or 4 i think) before my dad caught him!
He's still going, about 9 now I think.

We had a baby bun escape yeeaarrrss ago.... he lived in the field for a few years (3 or 4 i think) before my dad caught him!
He's still going, about 9 now I think.

He was wild for 3 years??? Wowness!! Mine was gone for 3 days and I thought that was pretty awesome to have her come back....... :shock: Tessy is 8 now and going on 9 on Halloween.

Aso contact all the vets and the local RSPCA and any rescues in your area, call on yor neighbours with pictures (and with an adult), put up posters around, also try the local radio stations.

You never know, someone could have found them and handed them in, or let somene know they have them.

I know you didn't mean overnight, I wanted to remind the poster not too.

He was wild for 3 years??? Wowness!! Mine was gone for 3 days and I thought that was pretty awesome to have her come back....... :shock: Tessy is 8 now and going on 9 on Halloween.

ours escaped when i was a child,we had fields at the back of us and she lived wild for about 6 years.each year she would bring her babies close to the house but not close enough catch her.got photos somehwere.:love:

Back