• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

possible kidney problem??

bunny mad lisa

Mama Doe
hi all
my bunny sam is very happy at the moment but over the past few months i have observed a few changes. I am taking him in next week for a check up and to have his urine tested. I was thinking it could be kidneys but i may be totally wrongs...any suggestions? these are his changes

1. his poos are large but never round more misshapen
2. his wee is very light in colour and sometimes looks almost clear
3. he doesn't very oftem wee in his litter tray but everywhere else!
4. he is about 7 and he has slowed down alot, he used to be frisky with his friend everyday! but only now and then these days
5. he is a large rabbit but does drink alot of water but i did think it may be hot weather.

i did wonder if it may just be old age but i am getting him checked anyway. can blood be taken with out anisthetic? will urine be enough to determine kidney or liver problems

Sounds just like my bunnies with liver problems :( I would think a blood test would tell you more. They can normally be taken without a GA. Timmy was the only bunny we've had that has need GA for a blood test :roll:

thanks liz, we are going tot he vet next week and she said she could do bloods without a ga which i'm happy about so we will get tests done and go from there. i had thought about liver too. He is a very happy bunny but i know something is not quite right.

Back