• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Back from the vet, does this sound OK?

Carrie14

Mama Doe
Feegal had a patch of diarrhea this morning. It had fiber in it and no mucus.

Just got back from the vet who checked his teeth and said he did not look like he needed a dental yet.

He thinks it could have been the stress of the heat, and gave him an injection of Metacam, sub cutaneous fluids and some fibreplex to be given at 2 mls twice a day.

He also took Feegals temp and said it was OK.

If there is any more diarrhea I am to call him back in the morning. The next step will be to check his teeth under GA.

Does this all sound OK?

Will Feegal be alright? I love him so much and I don't know what I will do when the time comes:cry::cry:

Sounds OK to me too in the first instance but as your vet says, take him back if it happens again. The fibreplex should help to sort his gut out and the sub cut fluids will help him to re-hydrate.

Sounds OK to me too in the first instance but as your vet says, take him back if it happens again. The fibreplex should help to sort his gut out and the sub cut fluids will help him to re-hydrate.

Thank you:) He did look a bit like a G.pig right after the sub cut went in:shock: The vet let me keep the syringe too:lol:

Back