• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

BBQ/Party - Signs for bunnies - like 'please don't feed me' etc

Bitzy

Mama Doe
:wave:

Hiya

We're having a BBQ in a couple of weeks for OH's birthday and I'd like to put some sort of sign up on the bunnies hutch kinda asking people not to feed them (don't want anyone thinking its a good idea to share their burger with the buns) or upset them or freak them out etc etc but worded nicely ....... any ideas??

(so far OH has come up with - touch the buns at your own risk ..... but I'm sure we can be a little more polite than that)! lol

Thanks, Jo x

I did this for my daughter 2nd bday party, well actually Phill on here did it for me! :)

It said "hi my name is Pip-Diddy, I like nose rubs, but please dont pick me up"

So perhaps something along those lines!

Oh Santa had a good idea for this, when she had a party she had a dish of veggies which kids could feed to the buns, you could add a sign saying we love carrots but please only feed us what is in this dish or something?

Oooh both good ideas, thanks.

There'll be lots of kids there and although the bunnies will be in their run, I just don't want to take any chances (with the adults either come to think of it)!

Might chop veggies up small enough to stick through the mesh so they don't actually go in the run ....... and put a sign up!

Thanks

Hmm yes I agree, kids and adults love to feed animals. Perhaps a special feeding session of prepared veggies under your supervision and then announce, that's it, all gone, no more, let the buns go and play now.

Another great idea, thanks!

Yeah I could gather all the kids (and big kids) round to take turns then say when its gone, its gone!

And still have a sign up for the big kids that 'forget'! lol

x

Last edited:
on our Open Days (200 people in one weekend with LOADS of kids) we have a large wheelbarrow full of weeds that the bunnies eat and let the kids choose the weeds and feed the buns with them.

When they are full they just stop eating!

And the kids learn what is good to feed buns!

I sooo wish I had thought of this a few weeks ago when I had a BBQ round my house.... but I honestly thought people my age wouldn't be so damn stupid as to feed my rabbit burger in bread roll :evil::evil::evil:
I went inside to get some beers out the fridge, and came back to find one of my boyfriend's friends (who I don't really get on with) feeding Flopsy bbq food :censored: At the age of 20/21, you would think people would actually think, or atleast ask if it was ok to feed the rabbits.
I think your idea is fabulous, I hope it works :D

I sooo wish I had thought of this a few weeks ago when I had a BBQ round my house.... but I honestly thought people my age wouldn't be so damn stupid as to feed my rabbit burger in bread roll :evil::evil::evil:
I went inside to get some beers out the fridge, and came back to find one of my boyfriend's friends (who I don't really get on with) feeding Flopsy bbq food :censored: At the age of 20/21, you would think people would actually think, or atleast ask if it was ok to feed the rabbits.

OMG what an absolute prat! Was Flopsy ok??

You have to wonder what goes through some peoples' heads. That really is weapons-grade dumb!

OMG what an absolute prat! Was Flopsy ok??

I know, I posted a thread on here the day after the BBQ round mine because I was just so furious. I kept a close eye on Flops and he was absolutely fine, thank God :) thankyou for asking. I think the idea to make a sign for the outside of the hutch is a great idea, it's just a shame that when I invite my friends over next time, (the guy that fed my rabbit burger will NOT being invited) I will have to have a sign telling them not to feed my rabbits bbq food- despite the fact they are all old enough to know what rabbits should and shouldn't eat!!!!!!
I'd also like to add, that the guy that fed Flops the bbq food was also the same guy who claimed Flopsy was obese and I wasn't looking after him properly :? Flopsy is a larger breed than all my other buns, so he's obviously a lot bigger in appearance, so why on earth would he then feed him MORE (unsuitable) food :censored: GRRR!

Last edited:
What a :censored: !!!

OK so far I'm doing a sign saying what their names are and saying something along the lines of - but please don't open my run/hutch as we're a little bit nervous.

Also thought about having little bags of rabbit veg/treats/pellets/herbs etc made up for each child so they can feed them through the mesh and once their bag's used up, that's it .... bag will be mostly made up of small chopped up veggies that the bunnies would be having for their tea anyway! ..... There'll be about 7 or 8 kiddies so just a small amount in each bag!

And a sign for the adults saying that the rabbits should ONLY be fed out of the kiddies 'treat bags' - nothing else!!

Do we think that would work / get the message across??

What a :censored: !!!

OK so far I'm doing a sign saying what their names are and saying something along the lines of - but please don't open my run/hutch as we're a little bit nervous.

Also thought about having little bags of rabbit veg/treats/pellets/herbs etc made up for each child so they can feed them through the mesh and once their bag's used up, that's it .... bag will be mostly made up of small chopped up veggies that the bunnies would be having for their tea anyway! ..... There'll be about 7 or 8 kiddies so just a small amount in each bag!

And a sign for the adults saying that the rabbits should ONLY be fed out of the kiddies 'treat bags' - nothing else!!

Do we think that would work / get the message across??

I think that is a good idea and it would work well.

For his 20th B'day BBQ my eldest son used a two prong carrot and stick approach.

He told everyone 'those are all rescued rabbits- they are on a special rescue rabbit diet to help them get better. If you feed them anything we eat I will make you pay every bit of the enormous vet fees it will cost to try and sort their tums out- and my mum will kill you'

followed by a more gentile carrot.

'I feed the rabbits at 8pm this evening. No one is to feed Doodee or Teasel they will bite. If you want to say hallo to Arnie I will let you have some of his special pellets to feed him.'

Arnie bless him lives for food and thanks To Becky86 thinks humans are all his friends who want to give him nice nom-noms and was delighted to be fussed over.

I think Tim spent most of his time sat by the buns anyway. :lol:

on our Open Days (200 people in one weekend with LOADS of kids) we have a large wheelbarrow full of weeds that the bunnies eat and let the kids choose the weeds and feed the buns with them.

When they are full they just stop eating!

And the kids learn what is good to feed buns!

Or...Oliver learnt that the food was in the bucket...fed them obscene amounts and then that other little boy ran around after him, picking up all the weeds and putting them back in the bucket! :lol::lol::lol:

I'd have a sign telling them not to open the hutch/run.

Back