• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

OH! What a difference a day makes...(4 weeks actually)

Domino27

Mama Doe
I decided that Paddy and Domino would go on a date today rather than wait until the weekend and put up the spare metal rectangular run I bought (for the parentals when they look after them) in the garden. The run is neutral, grass maybe not but thought it's a constant carpet of food to keep them distracted).

When Paddy first came home I, stupidly now looking back, put them together when he was only 2 weeks neutered. He kept humping her every milisecond and she was very submissive. Anyhoo that really did traumatise me so decided I would go the slow route, swapping stuff, daily interaction though wire mesh in the runs.

It is now (this friday anyway) 4 weeks later and their date goes as follows: (I'm still watching them from inside)

No more honking from Paddy, an attempt to hump but she ran away and a bit of chasing. Some circling which was broken up each time by me and then some attempt at humping by Domino.

More chasing

Head lock of "you groom me"..."NO!! You groom ME".

Dom trying to eat and Paddy shoving his hairy bottom on her head :shock:

A LOT of ingnoring each other and Paddy flopping (she hasn't yet)

Some nipping from Domino and, what I thought, was a spitting sound or something similar from her (I was ready waiting with thick gloves, coat and a brush for the impending fight...but nothing).

Here are some pics:

IMAG0160.jpg

IMAG0162.jpg

IMAG0161.jpg

P1010131.jpg

P1010133.jpg

P1010130.jpg

SQUUUEEEEEEEEEE!! :love: the weekend should be good then when I definitely bond them together.

They are gorgeous, and look fine together, good luck. xx

thanks, there's been a bit of humping by Paddy when she was flopped and relaxed but then he flopped right beside her, squished up against the bars so we're looking good at the moment. I'm just glad there's no fighting...yet!!

Hahahahaahaha...Lovely!! The 3rd pic made me laugh..."Give us a kiss"

"No" is the reply....

thanks, there's been a bit of humping by Paddy when she was flopped and relaxed but then he flopped right beside her, squished up against the bars so we're looking good at the moment. I'm just glad there's no fighting...yet!!

Thats how my two were it went on for a solid week, i didnt think the bond was going to work at first. xxxxx

Thats how my two were it went on for a solid week, i didnt think the bond was going to work at first. xxxxx

Well I'm in a relief it's not like it was when they first met, now he just keeps flopping, looking wind swept and interesting with his mane of hair, and she just sits with one eye on him and eats...he;ll come tiptoeing over to her (hilarious) and squeeze his head underneath hers (or attempt to when she's got hers down as well)...

Well I'm in a relief it's not like it was when they first met, now he just keeps flopping, looking wind swept and interesting with his mane of hair, and she just sits with one eye on him and eats...he;ll come tiptoeing over to her (hilarious) and squeeze his head underneath hers (or attempt to when she's got hers down as well)...

It sounds very promising :) i think if they were going to fight it would have happened a long time ago. xxxxxxxxxx

It sounds very promising :) i think if they were going to fight it would have happened a long time ago. xxxxxxxxxx

True but I guess you never know, I've never had two rabbits so I'm warey with anything. We have a mutual flop however at the moment :love:

I only have tomorrow off and then back to work wed- fri 7am til 5ish (give or take). Just wondering whether I should just keep them together now, but just concerned about wed as there'll be no-one to look over them. Any thoughts about leaving it or wait til the weekend when I have sat+sun off and in work at 9pm mon so the OH can take over.

True but I guess you never know, I've never had two rabbits so I'm warey with anything. We have a mutual flop however at the moment :love:

I only have tomorrow off and then back to work wed- fri 7am til 5ish (give or take). Just wondering whether I should just keep them together now, but just concerned about wed as there'll be no-one to look over them. Any thoughts about leaving it or wait til the weekend when I have sat+sun off and in work at 9pm mon so the OH can take over.

I left mine on the 5th day for a few hours but got my sister to call in a few times while i was gone, i also left things for gracie to run into incase charlie started humping her again, i left the kitchen door open too incase she wanted to escape him, i got home and everything was fine thank god. xxx

Back