• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Feegal has diarrhea. Dental cause this?:( Cross post sorry

Carrie14

Mama Doe
but i am freaking..

Going to the vets at 5.00. He has not had anything to eat that is new. I just don't know where it has come from.

I am worried sick, as he has seemed quiet the last few days. I just put it down to the heat. But he has been unwell, he must have been...

What can it be, what causes a bun to be withdrawn, diarrhea but no loss of appetite, he still mugs me for food, he is eating his hay at the moment, and looks normal. he has some molar spurs but the vet saw him a couple of weeks ago and said check up in four weeks as they are not affecting him. He has had them for at least two months and they have not troubled him. Can this cause diarrhea??? I always get his dentals done too soon in the vets opinion. This is the first time it has been left for a length of time.

Aghh, I don't know what to do/think..

He keeps asking for breakfast but I cant give him any. He looks really sad/tired He is still eating hay and running from the gate to his cage though

Runny, not like Caecotrophs as it has soaked into the capret.

The vet nurse said to just give him hay until it dries up:?

Ah ok, well follow the nurses advice, I think true diarrhoea is quite unusual in buns, and can be quite serious, any chance you can get an earlier appointment?

I know dental problems can cause squishy poos and messy bums but not sure on diarrhoea, hope someone else can help!

If it is "true" diarrhoea you will need to make sure he has plenty of fluids and get to the vet asap as they can deydrate quickly.

Teeth can cause tummy problems because they do not chew their food properly and thus do not digest properly. Hopefully it will just be teeth and can be sorted easily - always best to get it checked by the vet.

Ah ok, well follow the nurses advice, I think true diarrhoea is quite unusual in buns, and can be quite serious, any chance you can get an earlier appointment?

I know dental problems can cause squishy poos and messy bums but not sure on diarrhoea, hope someone else can help!

Not really as the best vet is not on until then and he is still eating hay:)

I will wait and if he has another one I will post a picture, which is quite grim of me, but I am stressing:(

If it is "true" diarrhoea you will need to make sure he has plenty of fluids and get to the vet asap as they can deydrate quickly.

Teeth can cause tummy problems because they do not chew their food properly and thus do not digest properly. Hopefully it will just be teeth and can be sorted easily - always best to get it checked by the vet.

Could you please please describe true diarrea to me, the poo had fibers of hay in it that looked the same as in the second poos but surrounded by brown goo:? ETA not like mucus,

Last edited:
I would consider diarrhoea to be watery with no or little substance in it. If it is "soft" poop e.g. unformed poop (not pellets or caetrophs), I tend to call it "splat" then one of mine passes these at times (he is a dental bunny).

Hope that helps and is only my interpretation. If you are worried, always best to try to get your bunny there immediately to be on safe side.

I would consider diarrhoea to be watery with no or little substance in it. If it is "soft" poop e.g. unformed poop (not pellets or caetrophs), I tend to call it "splat" then one of mine passes these at times (he is a dental bunny).

Hope that helps and is only my interpretation. If you are worried, always best to try to get your bunny there immediately to be on safe side.

I know this will sound bizarre but i hope what your boy gets is what Feegal has, sounds very similar to yours. I hate waiting for dentals:cry:

Back