• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Litter tray tipping! Arghhh!

BeatrixPotter

Mama Doe
Peter and Posy have now decided that instead of being nicely litter trained the best thing to do with the litter tray is to tip it over and spread the litter and poops all around.:evil:

My o/h has suggested putting a brick in the tray but I am worried that if they still manage to tip it they could hurt themselves. I can't think of another way to fix it.

Help!

This is a fun game for rabbits :roll:

Is the tray indoors or out in a hutch? For our outside hutch we drilled holes in the back of one litter tray and wired it through the wall of the run.

This is a fun game for rabbits :roll:

Is the tray indoors or out in a hutch? For our outside hutch we drilled holes in the back of one litter tray and wired it through the wall of the run.

Ooh good idea! Its outside in the run part of their hutch/run combo. Its actually one of those plastic dog beds but I think the idea would still work. Thats a nice job for o/h at the weekend.

Ours do this. They move the tray and then poop in the gap where it was. Rabbits generally seem to like tipping things upside down.

Mine are all doing this at the moment. Much as it goes against my sense of 'order', they seem to really enjoy moving it around and digging in it, so I just grit my teeth (on the inside), smile sweetly at them (on the outside) and let them get on with enjoying themselves :roll:

Mine are all doing this at the moment. Much as it goes against my sense of 'order', they seem to really enjoy moving it around and digging in it, so I just grit my teeth (on the inside), smile sweetly at them (on the outside) and let them get on with enjoying themselves :roll:

:lol: I let mine rearrange most things, but the tray we fixed in kept being thrown down the ramp, and it was just toooooo messy.

Cloud and Barley have a brick in their tray - it's far too heavy for them to move at all, let alone tip up.

Only problem is that now Cloud can't tip it, she gets in it and digs it all out instead. :roll:

my poor mums at her wits end..her bunny tips it out or digs it out furiously and its even covered my mum as she sat watching tv:lol::lol:

We did try putting a heavy flat stone from the garden in the litter tray. They just started perching on that to poop and wee instead. Very yukky.

I think it's something in the air Becky as a lot of ours are all doing it too. Although it's less like tipping and more like digging the contents out onto the paving or the hutch floor. My tidies bunnies are Peppermint Studd Muffin and Choco! They are soo tidy it's shocking!

pearl used to do that with the cat litter tray :love::love::love::love: she didnt like how i designed the cage :lol::lol:

it didnt ever happen with the underbed storage litter tray i used, she wasnt that strong ;)

Mr Bingley and Blakey have a corner tray in the hutch part of he run and I don't think that it has actually stayed where I wanted it to for a minute after I've changed it and out it back in ... ooohhh nooo - drag it round and then pee behind it in the corner :roll:
The downstairs two have managed to get their litter tray from one side of the run to the other, turn it around, push it back to it's original corner ... all without spilling a single bit of litter
It really does amaze me what they will amuse themselves with no matter what other kind of toys I put in for them to play with - nope, hay and litter trays - hours of fun :lol:

Back