• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

DIY Hutch

7.jpg

8.jpg

Rest of the photos are here

My opinion is to keep it simple and use decent materials. It's a "backwards" hutch because the run fixes onto the "back" of it and it has a window on the "back". The "front" has all the doors etc that open up for cleaing / food etc. This means you can do everything you need to without moving the run and it is permanently fixed to the hutch with lots of screws so very secure.

This is my home creation. It has a big hutch area with an opening door, then an open but sheltered bit that goes into the run.

thehutch.jpg

This is an overall pic of the hutch, the top of the run folds back on itself and there's a gate in the side to let me in!

Photo0688-1.jpg

The run has now been extended to include the strip of grass you can see on the pic.

This is Dizzi's first time on the grass

Photo0760.jpg

And this is Rascal's

Photo0761.jpg

This is Rascal chilling on his ramp:

Photo0655.jpg

And Dizzi being nosey!:

Photo0661.jpg

And here's a close up of the top section. They have proper 'sleep boxes' now and the top half of the hutch gets covered over at night.

Photo0685-1.jpg

They had a fight before Rascal's neuter so OH has had to split the hutch and run right down the middle with 2 layers of mesh about 2cm apart ....... can't wait for them to be able to use the whole lot again, poss in a couple of months (after Dizzi's been 'done' too)!

At the moment they have 36sq ft each which I believe is the min for 2 bunnies .... so once they can be together again they'll have double the recommended minimum for 2 buns. Oh and OH is going to make the end panel of the run hinged so that I can open it out and it will attach to the kitchen wall when I'm home and they'll have double the space again to run around in!

I converted the wood from an old shed my mum was scrapping into a 6x3x4 two tier hutch and run but cant for the life of me find the photos i took....:roll:

This one started life as a 5'x4' heavy duty pallet.
DSCI1708.jpg

Inside
DSCI1704.jpg

Ramp to second level, (as demonstrated by Lexi....)
DSCI1721.jpg

Third level
DSCI1705.jpg

Hidey hole
DSCI1712.jpg

Back