• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do I move him or not

rabbit mad

Warren Scout
Okay guys
(not sure if this is in the right area but here goes)
I have posted before saying that my little Ruby left me and her husbun Barnby, in the post i also explained that Barnaby is just not wanting to be with any other rabbits at the moment (this is still the case:() now my thinking is, he at the moment is currently in a hutch and run combination, with the run around a 12ft x 6ft x 4ft with a hutch attached, my other buns are in the 8ftx6x4 run with a hutch attached, all the runs are secure, with lids, double meshing etc and they have full access when they want it, my thinking is do I move Barnaby who at the moment is on his own into the slightly smaller hutch/run combination and move the others into the larger run, or shall I leave all alone??

I no to some it makes sense moving the single bun (for the time been) into the slightly smaller run combo, but he has already gone through so much lately and I am worried the stress off moving him will be to much, I could move his hutch with him, and but it with the other run, that wouldnt be a problem.

Just wondering what you guys are thinking. (oh if i get another bun for Barnaby it will be a small rabbit as he is small.)

thanks for reading
Kell

Aww, I'm sorry you've lost a bun. :(

If your boy's still mourning I think it's best to leave him where he is for now. How many other rabbits have you got? Are they all neutered? Maybe, when the time is right, you could bond them into one group?

Does Barnaby come in the house at all? If he's happy as a house rabbit perhaps he could live indoors for now, until he's ready to be bonded with somebun again? Then the others could you his big run.

Back