• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Being woken up early every morning by noisy buns!!!

sacol4940

Warren Veteran
Aargh!!!!

For the past two weeks I've been woken up at approx 5am due to Jose or Rainbow chewing on the wooden panels that separate their pens. they wouldn't stop so last night I switched the boards over onto Paddy and Peaches side instead.

And guess what? Paddy is currently chewing a panels and has been for past hour. I go into the room and he doesn't even look at me. I squirt him with a water bottle sprayer and he doesn't flinch. I shout 'oi!' and he doesn't move. The only way I can get him to stop is by climbing in the pen and physically moving him

I'm so fed up. I just want a full nights sleep again :(

I know how you feel.

Before I started bonding Noah and Charlee they were in a pen divided into two. They would pull on the divider all night - that and play with the water bottle spout really loudly. I got so fed up, I ended up bringing their bonding forward to yesterday :lol:

They just have no respect, do they!?

Since my two have been bonded, they have really got into the habit o runnng around really fast in the room next door at 5am. I think that its cos Ian gets up around that time to go to work, and gives them pelletts.. Only thing is i don't get up till 7:evil: and they carry on untill I get up and feed them veg. they also have no concept of weekends:evil::lol:

I am with you on this one, my buns are outside but we sleep in the back bedroom to over look on the garden, and my lot are driving me nuts, stomping at 1am in the morning for no apparent reason, through food bowl around running up and down like a raving loony, I also have ceramic tiles in the cages to keep them cool, and they moved these (they are not light either) so they bang on the cage, and have just recently started to rattle the door.

My hubby has told me i have to get them to stop (so going to have a talk with them later:roll:) but on a serious note I really do need to do something as my next door neighbour's hate me as it is never mind with the noisy rabbits as well.

Oopps

mylo also chews his cage at 6am every morning cos thats what time we wake up and he knows it!

He stopped for a while and seems to have started again! I am lucky cos i can only hear him if i am awake anyway but OH always gets woken up by him!

Think he knows that if hes noisy then he gets more food to shut him up! :p

george and mistys hutch and run is just under my bedroom window. They wake me up between 5/4 am every morning charging in and out of the cat flap and diggin in their bedroom compartment and chewing on the hutch. They realy are noisy buns, and my husband gets realy hacked off by the noise. It also makes it worse that the bedroom window is left open all night due to the heat......:?
Maybe you could wear some ear plugs......:D

I sympathise. Daisy has been the same for the past couple of weeks. My giant furry alarm clock starts rattling the metal run panels that fence off a corner of my bedroom (where the hay/megazorb etc is stored)at 5am on the dot, sigh. Either than or she lands on my head and nosebutts me to let me know it's pellet time :roll:

Got to love them though :lol:

I know this feeling! Badger wakes me up every morning emptying his litter tray in the noisiest manner possible!

Glad to hear that im not the only one who's gets woken up! :lol:

I always feed them when they wake me up, so they've obviously learnt that being noisy gets them their brekkie quicker!

I can totally sympathise with this. My two wake up at around 5 as the sun comes up and go absolutely nuts, running around the flat (inc. my bedroom:roll:) running into things, moving stuff around.
And they'll continue until i get up to give them their brekky. clever, norty bunsters :lol:
my bridge bun tilly used to jump on the bed and physically harass me and oh in the mornings :shock::lol:

Back