• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

To Rescues

Raven Rexs

Mama Doe
Any rescues that would like to listed on my website please let me know also please write alittle description that you would like added.
my site get around 100 hits a week so i thought i may help to have rescues listed aswell to promote them:)

Thats a good idea.....supporting rescues is always positive :)

Just bumping this so some see it x

the problem is most rescues do not support, or want to be associated with, breeders..as I'm sure you know..so the response won't be great

the problem is most rescues do not support, or want to be associated with, breeders..as I'm sure you know..so the response won't be great

ah ok then i ll just have my friends rescue on thier then.
and other breeders links aswell as hutch makers :) it was just a thought as
Ive had ppl ask me for the older bunnies to bond with thier Neutured bunny and only have Val to recomend shes rehomed quite a few from ppl asking me and they ve had to really travel to get to her aswell thought if thier weres some nearer they may go to them instead.

Nice idea:) Why dont you just have sheet printed out that you can give to people with rescues phone numbers on? Or maybe e-mail them:)

I think the rescues may be scared that it would look like they support breeding, could imagine someone saying, "but I saw your rescue on a breeders website so why cant I breed from your buns":?

If i did it then the person would of already have got thier bun from me so wouldnt need the rescue? and would they just say well i got your number from a breeder so why cant i breed from the rabbit same as the website thing.
It was just a thought as i get so many hits on the site that rescues may like to benifit from them as well but looks like rescues dont need promoting anyway i wasnt asking to be supported and tbh i dont care if rescues dont support me as i dont need them to why would it matter to me??
I was only thinking of it helping them.

in theory it's a nice idea RR, but I think you already knew what the response would be for obvious and well known reasons..

nothing to stop you putting up a link to Rabbit Rehome with a phrase such as " if you'd rather give a home to a rescue rabbit try looking here"

Just to add my two penneth, the people who I rehome to would never have found themselves on a breeder site in the first place. We only rehome by word of mouth, recommendation, vets referrals and to people who we have rehomed to before and in general they are people who are pro-rescue.

I am totally anti-breeding so for our rescue to have a link on a breeders web page, it would be hypocritical.

Back