• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Buddy not well, U/D2 my baby is home!!!!!

cooldarls

Alpha Buck
Hey guys and girls, went out into the garden before tea and buddy was not in his run, was calling his name but no bunny to be seen. He cannot get out of the hutch/run enclosure so looked into his bed area and found him like this.

DSC00804.jpg

took this picture to show the vet when we get there. Rang the vets and he said to take him there but he would ring us when he is free as he was on a cal out but hopefully wont be long, told me make sure buddy had fluids.

Buddy has water available all day and his bottle had some water taken out of it but not alot. Mum and i have been giving him water with a syrenge and he has taken 20ml at the moment.

Don't know what is wrong with him his breathing is shallow and laboured, just hope we get him there in time.

really really scared now,:( can anyone give any ideas why this would happen. he has a water bottle that works anda bowl in his run as he likes to use both,he has had he usual pellets, hay and a cabbage leaf today.

thanks in advance
emma
xxx

Last edited:
that was one of the first things I did, it was clean. He was fin this morning I was brushing him getting all his moult of one side of him, as his has a disformed back leg he can only clean one side of himself cos if he tries the other way he topples over.

Gosh, poor little mite doesn't look well! :(

Other than fluids I can't offer any advise. I'll send him lots of vibes though. Hope the vet can see him soon!

oh no how distressing for you :cry:

Is it very hot where you are today?

Good luck at the vets, sending loads of vibes for Buddy xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Oh my God... have you taken him to the vets yet?
I think the vet is the only person who can help, just try and make him as comfortable as possible.
Sending trillions of vibes for beautiful Buddy x x x

Jeez, he really doesn't look well at all :cry:
I sometimes find Flopsy sleeping like that, but he gets up as soon as he hears me.... I REALLY REALLY hope your little bun hasn't got anything seriously wrong with him and that the vets can sort him out and get him back to normal. Sending LOTS of vibes xxxxxxx

Hey guys and girls, went out into the garden before tea and buddy was not in his run, was calling his name but no bunny to be seen. He cannot get out of the hutch/run enclosure so looked into his bed area and found him like this.

DSC00804.jpg

took this picture to show the vet when we get there. Rang the vets and he said to take him there but he would ring us when he is free as he was on a cal out but hopefully wont be long, told me make sure buddy had fluids.

Buddy has water available all day and his bottle had some water taken out of it but not alot. Mum and i have been giving him water with a syrenge and he has taken 20ml at the moment.

with him his breathing is shallow and laboured, just hope we get him there in time.

really really scared now,:( can anyone give any ideas why this would happen. he has a water bottle that works anda bowl in his run as he likes to use both,he has had he usual pellets, hay and a cabbage leaf today.

thanks in advance
emma
xxx

Poor little baby! :cry:
In all honesty at first glance I just thought he had flopped out, Jimby sleeps like that sometimes.

Hey everyone, Fistly thankyou for all your kind words and vibes.

I am back but Buddy is not, he is staying at the vets over night so he can keep an eye on him. With us giving him fluids he had perked up alittle bit but not much. Vet has given him more fluids and a type of glucose solution and hopefully this will help. He has a raspy chest which the vet said could be an infection, never heard of a bunny having a chest infection type thing. Feel really bad that I didnt notice this earlier but he was out in the garden with me about 45 minutes before enjoying the warm day. It wasnt that sunny here all day actually it was cloudy so couldnt of got over heated I am normally so careful about that.
Feel like I am questioning everything I have done during the day, its horrid.

I thought when i opened the hutch door he was sleeping but when he never got up as he normally does i panicked.

I have to ring the vets back in the morning to see how he is.

Thankyou all again for caring about me and my baby boy, he is so special to me as we have been through alot, with him being ill when i got him and so small and stuff.

will let you all know how he is tomorrow.

Sending lots of vibes,try not to feel bad for not noticing, buns go downhill so quickly it's easy to miss the early signs xxx

Back