• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Artie is refusing food :( Panic over - eating again :) U/D Binkying like crazy!!

Bunny Buddy

Wise Old Thumper
He seemed fine until about an hour ago, then huddled away :cry::cry: He only goes in 'that corner' when he's not feeling well.

I've waved food at him and he ate one small dandelion leaf but it was just to pacify me, he seemed to enjoy it but not eaten anything since. We've had about 20 minutes of cuddle as well because he does let me comfort him, he even groomed me :love::love:

Weird because he ate all his Excel last night which is very unusual, there's normally a little scattering that he goes back to during the day. After the cuddle he got up and went to a corner and weed on the carpet - he never wees anywhere but his tray. He appeared to be straining :cry::cry:

I'm pretty sure he will be going to the vets soon, I'm worried sick as it's only a fortnight since he came home from the last episode:cry::cry:

Last edited:
It could just be the heat. Try to keep him as cool as possible, he may start to munch when he feels a bit cooler. You could also try offering him fresh water in a bowl.

Lots of munching vibes,

FC x

Oh no, has he been drinking enough do you think?

Its a good sign that he ate a dandelion leaf, am sending loads of vibes that its just the heat affecting him xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks guys :love::love:

I'm relieved to say that by some miracle he has eaten some grass and a decent amount of spring green leaf since I did the original post. He ate the first strand of grass because I waved it at him but the rest he wolfed down enthusiastically :D Then he turned to the spring greens ... and hay. He looks a lot brighter and has just now come out to lay on the top of his shelf (I daren't say that I felt optimistic until he reappeared from his hideaway). *Hopefully* he's mended but I have some Domperidone to give him in these circumstances if he's still a bit off it (oh joy, he'll love me!). Maybe he does have a few bits of calcium that pass down his tubes and make him uncomfortable or something such and when it's passed he feels better :?

Anyhow, thanksies so much for the vibes.

It's not hot at all here, by the way, I'm wearing a cardigan today and put socks on as my feet were cold :oops::oops: I even shut the windows to make sure he didn't get cold, I considered a heat pad but decided to warm him up with a cuddle instead :love:

Is he drinking enough ?

Gallons. Yes. He has two water bowls that I refresh every day and he drinks a few inches worth (not sure of mls) every day. He's fairly consistent and it hasn't changed. He also eats a lot of green food so had a lot of water content that way. I think he wees more than the other 4 together but that will be the Frusemide no doubt. ... He's just gone to his water bowl bless him - he's determined not to be whisked off to the vet so doing everything to make sure he won't be :lol:

When he was hospitalised a fortnight ago I had been messing out with his medication, missing a dose etc (I was told that neither (Frusemide and Metacam) were essential but 'might' be of benefit), it seems very likely they are of benefit and keep him stable. Let's hope today was just a blip.

Last edited:
Awwww, I'm glad it was a false alarm. :love::love::love: Artie's probably chuckling to himself about his little prank on mummy. :lol:

Awwww, I'm glad it was a false alarm. :love::love::love: Artie's probably chuckling to himself about his little prank on mummy. :lol:

He was definitely uncomfortable at the time but I do start to wonder how paranoid I've become. I convinced myself Tink was unwell yesterday evening (I think she had just got fed up with Roo chasing her:(). She wouldn't even come for a Fenugree Crunchie which is major alarm bells time :shock: I even went over and stroked her head and shoulders for about half a minute without her looking worried :?

Then late evening NOBODY went to the spring greens I gave them. Funny, Artie was wolfing down his bread with Metacam and apple with Frusemide but nobody else went to their supper ... Esme didn't even go for the apple, no I lie, Elijah ran off with a piece of apple but he was the only one.

Maybe it was just a different kind of hot here - not bright sunshine but the opressive stuff, maybe the bunnies suffer that kind of heat and I hadn't noticed it myself.

Anyhow, everyone bright and cheeky this morning.

U/D

:shock::shock::shock:

Well, the little guy's obviously feeling a lot better:love::love:

I was just replying on another thread when I heard a series of bumps and rattles and looked round to see Artie racing towards me, when he saw me he started flying through the air in one of the biggest binkies I've ever seen :p:love: He then raced around and slammed against the divide demanding my attention. I so love this bunny at his cheeky best, there's no tonic better than a cheeky, demanding bunny :love::love:

Back