• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

omg anyone want to add their comments to the daily mail?

purplebumble

Warren Veteran
my mum alerted me to an article from the daily mail about a bunny who got into a petting zoo and impregnated the females who all gave birth at the same time.
now theyre having this stray bunny neutered and keeping him.

why on earth werent the does spayed!?

im guessing he got dumped there.

but read the first post on comments.....:censored: cheap and easy to keep my backside!!!!!!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...muggles-childrens-zoo-works-rabbit-charm.html

the bad thing is..im guilty of squealing and going ooh sooo cute:love: then getting my senses back:oops:

:shock:
Why am I finding that public places that have rabbits are setting such bad examples to other rabbit owners or prospective rabbit owners?
The females should have been speyed, and despite the zoo saying they want to "discourage others from doing the same" (having litters of baby rabbits) they could've easily avoided that by simply having their female buns done!! I think they should admit they were wrong in not speying the female rabbits, and have more information at the zoo educating people on correct rabbit care, for example: the risk of cancer.

ps. I realise I am a hypocrit (right now) as not all my females are speyed, but I am not in a position to educate hundreds, possibly thousands of people a week, and I am not the one who should be setting an example to every visitor like they are! My girlies will be done (thanks RU for the info on uterine cancer!) and I would bet money on the fact they will be done before the zoo bothers to have their girls speyed

2 of my rabbits are thier both are female i hope they werent caught they were in with a neutured buck so i would of thought he'd protect his does.

:shock:
Why am I finding that public places that have rabbits are setting such bad examples to other rabbit owners or prospective rabbit owners?
The females should have been speyed, and despite the zoo saying they want to "discourage others from doing the same" (having litters of baby rabbits) they could've easily avoided that by simply having their female buns done!! I think they should admit they were wrong in not speying the female rabbits, and have more information at the zoo educating people on correct rabbit care, for example: the risk of cancer.

ps. I realise I am a hypocrit (right now) as not all my females are speyed, but I am not in a position to educate hundreds, possibly thousands of people a week, and I am not the one who should be setting an example to every visitor like they are! My girlies will be done (thanks RU for the info on uterine cancer!) and I would bet money on the fact they will be done before the zoo bothers to have their girls speyed

The theme parkI worked at last year had a petting corner. None of the female rabbits were spayed. A group of 8 does all had litters as the 9th 'doe' turned out to be a buck :roll: What was worse was that even after the first rabbit had had her babies they continued to used the other for petting (I did protest vigorously :evil:) - but it was obvious that if one had become pregnant then other would be too. Out of all the kits only 4 survived :cry:

The theme parkI worked at last year had a petting corner. None of the female rabbits were spayed. A group of 8 does all had litters as the 9th 'doe' turned out to be a buck :roll: What was worse was that even after the first rabbit had had her babies they continued to used the other for petting (I did protest vigorously :evil:) - but it was obvious that if one had become pregnant then other would be too. Out of all the kits only 4 survived :cry:

:cry::cry:

2 of my rabbits are thier both are female i hope they werent caught they were in with a neutured buck so i would of thought he'd protect his does.

neutered against an un neutered wanting un neutered females, poor boy dont stand a chance hed have more of a battle with the girls

but wonders happen, :?

umm looking at babies and dad only ONE white bun ?????? out of 16, smell a daily fail rat

Last edited:
Urgh, I find most people on the Dailymail to be a bunch of miserable self righteous gits who post on topics they have no knowledge about, I only read it when I want to give my blood pressure a boost :lol: (I've got chronic low blood pressure, so it's healthy to bring on the raaaaage! :roll:)

I'd join you all in the commenting, but those folks never listen.

yes but it was the first comment at how cheap and easy bunnies werre to keep that had me just as riled up:oops:

isnt the albino gene a recessive one? i knew a black buck got in with an orange doe...all babies were silver fox coloured!!

i hate the daily mail...but mum pointed out the article..i had to go see cos she said the daddy bun was the image of my bertie..um no mum he isnt!!

thing is there is orange coloured babies in thier and agouti and the 2 girls they had off me were Orange Rex X Belgian Hare and thier neutured Buck which they already had was a Pure Belgian hare they just wanted company for him and thought that these 2 does looked pretty and were still going to be around his size
This was them as babys
rabbit051.jpg

They were an accidental litter where Duke was being his highly intelligent self so please no lectures about Xbreeding and i have improved all my securitys now so it doesnt happen anymore these were bred in 2007

Back