• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Fans - is there any point?

clutterydrawer

Wise Old Thumper
Is it worth putting the fan for my furries, given that it just circulates the warm air? I was hoping the air moving over them might draw some of the heat from them but I don't really know.

Considering getting a little air con unit but they're SO expensive :(

Mine seem to quite like the fans. I put them so that they point at a tiny part of their area and the rest is normal, but invariably three of my 4 indoor bunnies sit in the draught made by the fan, clearly by choice.

Star in particular likes his ears blown, Angel likes his nose.

So I think there is a point and it does seem to help them keep comfortable.

I think fans even if moving the air which is warm still generate a breeze effect which is better than nothing, you could always use a plant sprayer and spray the air coming from the fan aswell to cool it slightly, I don't mean spray the fan but just in front, on a fine mist it does cool the air down.:)

I'm trying to avoid any water in the room cos the chins can't tolerate humidity - animals, who'd have them!

I will keep it on I think because I guess it can't do any harm. Does anyoen know when this hot spell is predicted to end?

I'm trying to avoid any water in the room cos the chins can't tolerate humidity - animals, who'd have them!

I will keep it on I think because I guess it can't do any harm. Does anyoen know when this hot spell is predicted to end?

yes that would be a problem I suppose, does your oscilate ? Do you have the windows open aswell and the curtains pulled over to block out a bit of the sunshine? I have no idea how long the sun is set to shine, I love it though:oops:

I've stopped opening the windows because it's actually warmer outside than in and it seemed mad to let warm air in. I'm keeping the curtains closed too.

I'm so, so glad I'm not in my old house though - that used to heat up like an oven in summer but the new one is a lot better.

I don't know what oscillate means in connection with fans :oops::oops::oops:

I've stopped opening the windows because it's actually warmer outside than in and it seemed mad to let warm air in. I'm keeping the curtains closed too.

I'm so, so glad I'm not in my old house though - that used to heat up like an oven in summer but the new one is a lot better.

I don't know what oscillate means in connection with fans :oops::oops::oops:

When they move around, turn automatically, I would still open the windows a bit and not close the curtains completely to allow some air in, I think you need fresh air especially first thing in the morning.

When they move around, turn automatically, I would still open the windows a bit and not close the curtains completely to allow some air in, I think you need fresh air especially first thing in the morning.

Ah yes, it does turn round :)

I have the windows open in the morning and the evening when the temp outside is lower than inside - I have thermometers inside and out to keep tabs on it. Just closed during the main heat of the day.

Ah yes, it does turn round :)

I have the windows open in the morning and the evening when the temp outside is lower than inside - I have thermometers inside and out to keep tabs on it. Just closed during the main heat of the day.

Oh OK thats a good idea, sounds like your probably doing all you can then. With their new tiles aswell I am sure they will be fine :)

Mine also lay infront of it by choice! I also try to place their ice pods/frozen water bottles infront of them so any air blowing across them will be cooler! I've also been considering an aircon unit but the cheapest all seem to be about £200 and I have no idea what one would be a good one?!

Back