• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Look who has come to live with me.

clutterydrawer

Wise Old Thumper
My friend's chinchillas which she know longer wanted :)

The white one is the female - she is 14, I haven't settled on a name for her yet, suggestions appreciated :)

The grey is Timothy, he is 6.

I *know* the cage they're in isn't suitable because it has plastic parts - it's the one they came with, I will be replacing it as soon as I have an opportunity.

Last edited:
Awwwww :love::love:, your girly looks like my chin Spike :love:

SAM_2484.jpg

How could anyone not want them? My chinchillas keep me up all night but they are just soooo adorable :love::love:

I like Misty too! I was gonna call my girls Lullaby and Aurora (lets if i ever get girls).

I love the girls dark ears :love:

They're gorgeous! Aren't you wonderful, taking them on! :D

I'd love some chinnies, and hope at some point I will have some. :) John Hopwell does some great cages (although some have wire shelves I think, so make sure you go for wood.)

He does a really wide one which looks great, as they're rock hoppers, so like the width. :D

Aw, they are so sweet :love:
My OH desperately wants chinnies and he's just gone nuts over these photos, especially the one of her in her basket :)
I didn't know they could live til they're 22! At least it would keep you fit trying to catch em for all those years (part of the reason I've said no so far to them ... its bad enough trying to persuade a rabbit into a carrier on the ground ... I def couldn't do it in 3D )
She looks very imperious in her basket so I'd be tempted to go for a name that sounds like Russian royalty, like Anastasia or Katerina.

How can anyone get bored of their 14 year old pet?!! :evil:

They're lovely - well done for taking them on!

:love::love::love:
They are gorgeous!! I also like the name Misty :D
What are they like to hold? Are they cuddly or do they just try and escape?!

the white chinnie :love::love::love:
I`d love a pair of chinchillas one day. My friend used to have one called soapy. I didn`t realise they could live for so long. They are beautifull.

Back