• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

rose petals and leaves

Lil_Luci

Mama Doe
My buns both love rose leaves and petals, and i have a bunch of roses my OH bought me that have seen better days. Thing is, they've been in a vase with some liquid rose food that came with them. Is it still going to be safe for them to eat some?

I wouldn't risk it personally, I always stay away from wilted leaves etc too, I read they produce more toxins when they wilt, although I'm unsure of how accurate that is. It's better to be on the safe side. :D

Lucky you btw :lol:

Thanks for your reply :) I wont risk it, the buns will just have to wait for my next bunch haha. I'm not normally a roses fan, i like tulips and lilys, but I told my OH the buns like roses haha. He's a big softy at heart :) :love::love::love:

Thanks for your reply :) I wont risk it, the buns will just have to wait for my next bunch haha. I'm not normally a roses fan, i like tulips and lilys, but I told my OH the buns like roses haha. He's a big softy at heart :) :love::love::love:

Get him to buy you a rose bush instead :lol: That way the buns can have fresh petals and leaves with no problems.

Get him to buy you a rose bush instead :lol: That way the buns can have fresh petals and leaves with no problems.

I wish! But I don't have a garden, just a concrete slab :( Plus, I think i'd probably kill it! I tried to grow dandilions once, and that didn't go well haha

Back