• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How long do dwarf lops live?

lja401

Warren Scout
Hi all,

I was in PaH today and a manager said that they don't live that long compared to smaller breeds? I have 2 dwarf lops and just wondered how long they normally live for? They have both been neutered (the male) and spayed (the female).

Bunster was 9

Bunster was 9 when he died. Buffy, his widow, is now 6, so we adopted Sausage, also now 6, as her new husbun. He lost his wifey-bun aged 5, but she was up-eared. There can't be many reasons why lops would live less long than up-eared buns, surely, unless the 'blind spot' disadvanges them biologically even while pets? I would have thought that if in-breeding and other genetic faults were minimised there'd be no difference for dwarf lops. Do tell me if I'm being naive?

Sunshine was 7 and Sweep was 9. I don't know about Summer for sure, but she was as old as the hills.

i dont think theres really a set age limit, it all depends on genetics and luck :shock:

alvin is 3 and seems to be going strong now we have his tummy issues under control :D:D:D

Back