• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Kirkby update

Hunnybunny2007

Warren Veteran
A small group of volunteers went to Kirkby today to put some finishing touches to the new hutches that you helped to buy. Tracy, Paul, Denise, Suzanne Poly and Rob have been there for the last few weekends, they've had the job of moving some of the old hutches out of the way and assembling the new ones as well as staining them.

077.jpg

It wasn't long before the new 6 x 2 x 2 double hutches were tested (these were stained last week)

090-1.jpg

089-1.jpg

087-2.jpg

086-2.jpg

A cheque for £250 has also been sent to the vets, this was from the fundraisers such as the craftathon and the calendar girls to help with the forthcoming myxi vacs, with almost 100 rabbits in the rescue again this will cost approx £1000

The best piece of news - Celia has rehomed over 80 rabbits this year (not all to the volunteers)

I'm currently updating the rehoming section, so if you can offer a bunny a home please think of Kirkby Rescue.

A big thank you to everyone that has donated and to all the volunteers that have helped Celia over the past year, it was great to meet up again today:D

Last edited:
Well done to the volunteers! You are brilliant. I am so glad you are making a difference and are able to help. Without my lovely friends (and volunteers!), well, they are both together, I am sure I would sink into an abyss of desperation. They are very good at helping me keep my spirits up. (I have to say that else some of them would probably give me a well aimed kick, and they may read this:lol::lol:).

Seriously, you are stars,

:love: Alice

It was a good day and really nice to see some bunnies in their new temporary hutches. Everyone has worked really hard on getting these sorted :D And thanks also to everyone that has donated :D

It was nice to see you all again! :wave:
I still can't believe that I managed to escape today without adopting a bunny or two! :shock:
Still thinking of that mini lop :love::love::love::love::love:

Thank you so, so much to everyone that has donated to Kirkby over recent months - your kindness helped us install these 2 new hutches from Lynne (Holidayhutch) :D

I cannot recommend these hutches enough :thumb: Fab quality, plenty of space for the buns & very reasonable :)

The 2 little lionhead lads were absolutely adorable - I soooooooooo wanted to bring them home :oops::oops::oops: I'd have been divorced though I think if I had!!! :shock: :lol:

Thanks again guys, btw please watch this space for some more fundraisers ;)

That looks amazing, well done you guys for spending so much time of your weekends there, I'm in awe of how much you all do for the cause.... and how you've managed to come home empty-handed this time - I know I couldn't:oops::oops: The first bunny pictured would be a candidate for me :love::love:

(did someone say mini lop?) :lol::lol:

That looks amazing, well done you guys for spending so much time of your weekends there, I'm in awe of how much you all do for the cause.... and how you've managed to come home empty-handed this time - I know I couldn't:oops::oops: The first bunny pictured would be a candidate for me :love::love:

Yep Alison, she's tiny - a little white & grey harlequin about 4 months old I think ;) Would be perfect for Elijah ;) :love::love::love:

The mini lop is mine!:evil: (I wish it was.:()
I don't know if the girls took any pictures of the mini lop I'm referring to.:)

Yep Alison, she's tiny - a little white & grey harlequin about 4 months old I think ;) Would be perfect for Elijah ;) :love::love::love:

Why did I ask :lol::lol: I bet she's a right little sweety as well, isn't she?;) ... I suppose you also know I have a thing for harlequins :shock::shock:

I'm getting palpitations, any more info, pictures?

Why did I ask :lol::lol: I bet she's a right little sweety as well, isn't she?;) ... I suppose you also know I have a thing for harlequins :shock::shock:

I'm getting palpitations, any more info, pictures?

She's gorgeous and very tame! :love::love::love::love::love:
I wish I could have her, but I can't at the moment.:(

051.jpg

Last edited:
Back