• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Worry over one bun left alone.....

bensonlola

Warren Veteran
Do you ever worry about what will happen when one of your buns is left alone? I worry all the time about it. I don't want Benson or Lola to suffer the heartache.

Do you think one of your buns would cope better than the rest? I think Benson would cope better than if it were Lola left. Benson seems to enjoy my company and loves to come in the house and explore, so he could easily become a house bunny to give him company. Lola just likes it outside and seems to rely on Benson. He grooms her a lot.

Just another bunny worry I guess - nothing I have any control over...:(

I don't want to have any more after these two - who I hope live for a very long time, but I suppose it will depend on how old they are. Wouldn't want a young rabbit left on their own for years.

Oh this is morbid isn't it? Who started this?? Change the subject!!!!:cry:

I don't want to have any more after these two - who I hope live for a very long time, but I suppose it will depend on how old they are. Wouldn't want a young rabbit left on their own for years.

Oh this is morbid isn't it? Who started this?? Change the subject!!!!:cry:

Jaffa cake, anyone????

:( oh this is very sad. I do worry Harvey will be left single though because the girls are three or four years older than him.

no matter what i feel Alvin will never be single unless he chooses it. Holly i signed an agreement that says she will never be left single.. not something im worried about im stuck in the circle and will always get a new bun :love:

the only other option to getting more buns would be rehoming.

id never leave a bunny thats had bunny love single.

:( oh this is very sad. I do worry Harvey will be left single though because the girls are three or four years older than him.

I wish I was the sort of person who thinks to themselves - they're just rabbits! I can't tho. There's no such thing as JUST a rabbit. Have one of Blackberry's jaffa cakes and forget I started this!! :roll:

no matter what i feel Alvin will never be single unless he chooses it. Holly i signed an agreement that says she will never be left single.. not something im worried about im stuck in the circle and will always get a new bun :love:

the only other option to getting more buns would be rehoming.

id never leave a bunny thats had bunny love single.

I do feel the same way - once you've seen the contentment of two snuggling bunnies it would be very hard to see one alone.

With rats, some people foster a couple of rats to live with their remaining rat, and then when their rat passes, they sort of "give back" the fosters to be rehomed. But that wouldn't work so well with rabbits, because they bond so strongly. Although I suppose you could intro your bun into an existing pair, then the pair would still have each other at the end of it.

Not a fun topic :(

xxx

Oooh, lovely!

Your babies survived your friend pet-sitting ok?

Yes. She did very well and even took a photo of Benson begging to make me feel better. Was glad to get back to them though. I just sat with them for ages and fed them treats so they would let me hug em and kiss em! :love::p

Yes. She did very well and even took a photo of Benson begging to make me feel better. Was glad to get back to them though. I just sat with them for ages and fed them treats so they would let me hug em and kiss em! :love::p

Aw....happy bunnies to have their bunny mummy back :)

id keep a bunny single if it had never been paired, i dont think they can miss what they never had but once theyve had it id not be the one to stop it happening again :(

i think Holly had the love of a sister who died, shes so besotted with Alvin so must of really missed bunny company :cry::cry:

With rats, some people foster a couple of rats to live with their remaining rat, and then when their rat passes, they sort of "give back" the fosters to be rehomed. But that wouldn't work so well with rabbits, because they bond so strongly. Although I suppose you could intro your bun into an existing pair, then the pair would still have each other at the end of it.

Not a fun topic :(

xxx

I know - not a nice topic at all. Don't know why I started it - I guess because only rabbit folk would understand my worry!

Back