• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Noodle just ate her flea treatment! Advice...

Jemma&Theo

Mama Doe
I read the 'advantage' flea treatment and decided to ignore the manufacturers advice and use one tube between 2 buns instead of one each- just in case. Lucky I did....

I put it on noodle and twig whilst they were eating as a diversion. But it spreads and I didnt realise. Its on the back of her neck but she has managed to lick some of it. I know she did because she was doing the 'yack yack' thing with her mouth when somethin tastes bad. She wont leave it alone....

Will it hurt her?

Advice please

I doubt a small lick would hurt her, im sure smudge has tasted some of his at some point, is there a helpline or advice thing on the pack at all? xxx

I doubt a small lick would hurt her, im sure smudge has tasted some of his at some point, is there a helpline or advice thing on the pack at all? xxx

there is a regular business number, it says on the pack 'bitter tasting' so surely they expect the animals to taste it at some point

Dont worry i just read that it can make the animal salivate but its not a sign of them being poisoned, dont worry. xxxxxxxx

I remember a few years ago use flea stuff on Barney, my late cat. He must have managed to lick some of it off and was salivating like he had Rabies :shock:

Scared me to death but he was fine!

I remember a few years ago use flea stuff on Barney, my late cat. He must have managed to lick some of it off and was salivating like he had Rabies :shock:

Scared me to death but he was fine!

yeah the leaftlet said it causes extreme salivation- but i dont think bunnies can do that lol

Back