• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How do you do their veg?

How do you prepare their veggies?

• Just feed them as they are

Votes: 26 46.4%
  • Wash them first

Votes: 24 42.9%
  • Wash and peel them first

Votes: 5 8.9%
  • They don't get veggies

Votes: 1 1.8%

• Total voters
I just feed them as they are!! :oops:

If they are dirty, then I do wash them, but for the majority of the time, I just give them as it is.

And they help themselves to the herbs I'm growing when the feel like it, so they are clearly not bothered about dirt!! There is a very clear, bunny-bum shaped dent in my herb tray!

I do cut their carrot & celery into slices though. The celery is obvious, but they won't eat carrots otherwise :roll:. Carrot battons taste completely different slices too, did you know that?!

xxx

Louie only eats herbs, wont touch any veg at all! I still cut the herbs into little bite sized pieces though :oops:

I go and collect some herbs and weeds from the garden or cut up some spring green or cauli leaves or whatever.

Fill an old salad spinner.

Fill with cold water and leave for a min or two.

Swash around with my hands.

Empty bottom of salad spinner through the basket of salad spinner and serve.

I dont usually wash Sooty's veg as he wont eat it if its at all wet. I just wash stuff if it looks dirty and then have to wait for it to dry off before he'll touch it!

Bunnies are funny, I let them out in the morning for their early morning run around and they come and ask me for their veg as and when they want it. "Spring greens now mum!" "We're ready for broccoli now mum!" "Can we have our carrot rings now?" Then they get a large basil sprig and a mint sprig as a garnish on their pellets when they go in!

The piggies get a spring green leaf whole as a plate and then everything else chopped up in piggie sized pieces, in a big veggie mountain!

I rinse eveything but the carrot, for some reason. :)

chop any grotty bits out...

... then chop the rest enough to make sure there's no squabbling. Split it into 2 lots - piggies and bunnies - and serve!

Mine only have carrots as veggies - an inch each per day as their treat, but cut into little pieces and scattered around so that they have to forage for it. I don't tend to wash them if they've come in a sealed bag.

The rest of their green stuff is herbs (basil & parsley) and various leaves/flowers from the garden. Fresh picked, but not washed unless it's dusty.

oh yes

I forgot about celery. I always chop that very finely to avoid the risk of choking on stringy bits. Obviously the leaves aren't stringy though - and they are their FAVOURITE BITS!

Back