• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding with my bunny and spare hutches

Michelle_stt

Alpha Buck
Iv had a browse through this forum.

I'd love to be as close to my bunnies as you all are with yours. At the moment mine seemed scared to death of me. They lower themselves when I go to stroke them in their hutch and catching them is a nightmare!

Iv tried sitting on the floor but, they come over, then when i go to give them a treat they bolt!

Any tips?

Iv also got 2 spare hutches. A large one suitable for a giant bunny! And a smaller one.

As I have a male and female should I seperate them now while they get neutered? (boy is being neutered next week). Will they bond again or fight?

They are lionheads. Bella is 10weeks old and I was told Edward is around 4months.
x

Your bunnies are beautiful :D

How long have you had them for? It took literally months before Louie was confident with us. Just continue going down to floor level with them and let them approach you. It will take time so don't worry :D

Iv had Edward for around a month now, Bella arrived on Tuesday.

I just hate them thinking I'm the bad guy :(

x

Definately don't worry about it, it's very early days! Just enjoy them being rabbits. They will get used to you, given time!

Yes give them time, ive had charlie 6 weeks tommorrow and he is still unsure of me yet and very timid. xxxxxxxx

There is an article on my website (link in my sig) about Bonding with your Bunny. You can find it under 'Rabbit Adoption Pack Information' (or similar, I can't remember off the top of my head what it's called).

That should hopefully give you some tips :)

Essentially you really have to earn their trust, some make you work harder for that trust than others.

Back