• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How Big a Hole?

moonie

Warren Veteran
I'm going to be cutting a hole into the base of a hutch to have a ramp down into the run that the hutch will be sitting on. I have two lionhead bunnies and need to know how big does the hole need to be? I obviously don't want to make it too big because of losing floor space.

We are trying to decide the same thing, we have started on a 12'' x 12'' but it is too small so may increase it to 17'' x 17'' or maybe 20'' x 20'' :roll::?

The hole size will depend on a number of factors which will include the size required for the ramp and the angle which the ramp comes up at.
http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=232633&highlight=tube
One option is to use a tube to bring the buns up from downstairs such as shown above. They can be fixed onto a piece of wood if you want something a bit more solid.

Excellent. Thanks for that. Using one of those means that I could have the hole cut in the back to save floor space and it can run down into the run that way and I could make the lid of the run around it. They look a much better idea than a ramp and much more fun for the bunnies. The perfect solution.

Back