• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What could this be .. U/D post 45

WeeBarraxO

Warren Veteran
my little nethie Magic (one from video) keeps getting gunk in her eye, but it isn't like gunk in the corner of her eye, its like a film of gunk over here eye :?

and a little Magic pic for you :)

SAM_2905.jpg

Last edited:
Im having the same problem with charlie, we thought it was down to teeth problems but apparently not.
Is magics eye running into his fur? he`s a darling btw. xxxxxx

Im having the same problem with charlie, we thought it was down to teeth problems but apparently not.
Is magics eye running into his fur? he`s a darling btw. xxxxxx

no no runny eyes, just this gunky film over here eye :?, I was thinking it may be teeth problems, will get her teeth checked when she goes to get her jabs renewed, hehe thank you :D, she is sooo tiny & fragile, all my other nethies are quite tough little buns, but when you pick here up its like picking up a feather, she just feels so breakable :(

no no runny eyes, just this gunky film over here eye :?, I was thinking it may be teeth problems, will get her teeth checked when she goes to get her jabs renewed, hehe thank you :D, she is sooo tiny & fragile

Have you tried bathing with cooled boiled water? charlies started with just a slight clear run then it went a creamy colour and started weeping.

Wonder if this heat makes it worse? xx

Have you tried bathing with cooled boiled water? charlies started with just a slight clear run then it went a creamy colour and started weeping.

Wonder if this heat makes it worse? xx

yeah I've been cleaning them every time she gets it, hers is a cloudy gunk too, sometimes it is right in the middle of her eye :?

Strange isnt it?
maybe she has caught her eye on a bit of hay or something? xxx

hmm maybe, bit its been like this for a little while now, and I don't know if I'm always seeing the gunk as Storm (her husbun) is ALWAYS cleaning her eyes :love:, so she may be having more gunk than I know about, but I will deffo be gettin her teeth checked out just in case, was jut wondering if it could be anything else

It could be teeth or conjunctivits. Either way I'd take her to vet :)

yeah I'll take a pop along to the vets on Monday, she's getting her mixy jab renewed then aswell, just hope it isn;t anything to serious :(, my little baby is already so fragile and been through so much :(

yeah I'll take a pop along to the vets on Monday, she's getting her mixy jab renewed then aswell, just hope it isn;t anything to serious :(, my little baby is already so fragile and been through so much :(

Good plan :) The vet should do a check up anyway. I think Nethies are probaly more prone to teeth problems so if its that and you catch it early you'll be fine. If its conjunctivities some eyedrops from the vet will do the trick.

Yes it could be, when my dogs get conjunctivitis they get exactly the symptoms your describing. A layer of gunk over their eyes.

Love the picture, Magic is gorgeous:love::love:

if it is conjunctivitis is it as catchy as it is with humans ? then Storm will have it too, but never seen any gunk in his eyes, tho they do CONSTANTLY groom each other :love:, so maybe I just never get to see it, well I will take them both along to the vets on monday see what the vet says

Good plan :) The vet should do a check up anyway. I think Nethies are probaly more prone to teeth problems so if its that and you catch it early you'll be fine. If its conjunctivities some eyedrops from the vet will do the trick.

yeah :(, and she does have the very small smooshed face,

I was going to ask if it could be an issue with her third eyelid, but now I wonder if it could be tooth roots, like others were saying, or some sort of infection.

Good luck at the vets.

I was going to ask if it could be an issue with her third eyelid, but now I wonder if it could be tooth roots, like others were saying, or some sort of infection.

Good luck at the vets.

Yeah I'm also thinking it could be her teeth :(, just hoping it isn't, I would hate to haev to put her through GA all the time, she is so tiny & fragile

Awww bless, she is sooooo gorgeous!!!

Princess is ALWAYS getting bits of hay in her eyes, I'm forever picking it out :roll:

hehe thank you :D, she really is soooo pretty, would you believe she wasn't wanted just because she can't be shown because she has white hairs through her coat :roll:

hehe thank you :D, she really is soooo pretty, would you believe she wasn't wanted just because she can't be shown because she has white hairs through her coat :roll:

NEVER!!!! thats ridiculous, I have never seen a bun so pretty *covered princesses ears while I said that :lol:*

NEVER!!!! thats ridiculous, I have never seen a bun so pretty *covered princesses ears while I said that :lol:*

oh I think so too :love:, but she really is soooo tiny and fragile, she is the most nethie like nethie I have, if you can make sense of that, all my other nethies are bigger, more sturdy, longer ears, but I think because she has the tiny smooshed face that might cause her teethy troubles as I've heard thats common in them :(

Back