• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Welsh Puffins...

louise and Gus

Wise Old Thumper
After visiting the Farne Islands earlier in the year I have become a bit Puffin obsessed :lol: so couldn't pass up the opportunity to visit Skomer while on holiday in Wales :D

DSCN1052.jpg

DSCN1051.jpg

DSCN1058.jpg

RSCN1091.jpg

RSCN1095.jpg

DSCN1075.jpg

DSCN1048.jpg

Skomer is a lovely Island
DSCN1080.jpg

DSCN1073.jpg

DSCN1070.jpg

Pretty moths
DSCN1064.jpg

Lovely photo's the first two don't look real lol, I thought they are a decoration :oops:, but then saw the rest and realised they were real lol :oops::oops:

How was it? better than the first place?
fab photos, need to get my planning head into gear to sort out my trip to see the puffins :)

It was so good, the Island itself is larger than Farne so makes for a better trip, the Puffins were closer but not as many I would say, although they did say there are more in the afternoon and we were there in the morning.

One slightly off putting thing was there are a lot of remains of Manx Shearwaters (another seabird) laying around on Skomer as the Black Back Gulls kill them, I know it's nature but a bit yukky...but on Farne you get attacked by Arctic turns which isn't fun..

All in all I'd say Skomer :)

Back