• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

bunny ownership getting closer...

catxx

Mama Doe
So it's pay day next week and means it's time for me to buy a hutch, woo! It'll be the 6x2x2 one from Rabbit Hutch Warehouse. I need to sort out a run too, any recommendations bearing in mind I have a tiny garden, and unfortunately won't be able to sort out a permanent run, it's a rented house and permanent structures I can't do, and there's a 4" drop from the patio to the lumpy "lawn".

Any tips on what affordable brands of food/hay/bedding to get? The actual buns have not been decided yet but I will be getting a bonded (neutered etc) pair from a rescue I've been chatting with.

What about insurance? They should be up to date with vaccinations. What can I do to avoid all the nasty things bunnies can get? I keep fish and am well aware that prevention is the best cure!! Fish can be fine one day, sick the next, dead the next.

Good luck with it all, i think a lot of people get hay from the farm shops around, i use the stuff from our local pet shop as long as its nice and green that is, i also buy timothy hay and excel forage so they both have a selection.

Mine arent in hutches or dont use a run as they are completly free range, i have got a huge hutch and 2 runs but i had them tailor made as i wanted a really big run and hutch.

Do you know any one that could make you a run? xxxxxxx

I was either going to buy a ready made one or talk someone into building one! My mum's boyfriend is handy with wood (currently rebuilding a 1940s Woody car!) but they also live in Gloucestershire (I live in Hertfordshire) and I'm probably not going to get over there until August.

Back