• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

nothing in particular

donnamt

Wise Old Thumper
but im so impressed at how much Alvin drinks these days, i really think its the bigger dog bowl thats done it :D:D:D:D:D

4 months since he last had stasis whoooooop

and im not even that scared at leaving them with my mom because i know shes got back up that i dont think shell need anyhows :D:D:D:D

I love seeing my boys drink out of a bowl :D

They usually stick to their bottles, but when it's hot like like a good old slurp from their bowl instead.

Paddy and Peaches drink loads! They're getting through about 4 medium sized dog bowls a day atm :shock:

Ahh Wicked do you think that there is a connection with his stasis and his drinking?

Bob used to have a bottle but since she has been spayed only will drink out of a bowl:?

she seems to cope better in the heat with a bigger dog bowl...

I always thought she would be the stronger one as nothing bothers her, But Carlo just seems unbothered by the heat

Ahh Wicked do you think that there is a connection with his stasis and his drinking?

yes definately his tummy used to make those gurgly noises when he drank, and i hardly ever saw him at the bowl but now he drinks more i dont think it does anymore, i know they are normal but once when he was in stasis i gave him 20ml of water by syringe the first time he ever lapped it all up his tummy did the water drinking gurgles then an hour later he was fine again. the blood tests the next day showed he was dehydrated. so i really do think he wasnt drinking enough before.

holly drinks huge amounts of water, eats huge amounts of hay has lovely huge poops and ive never once heard her tummy gurgle when drinking.

he was also really inactive too which i think was a huge gut slower :(

i make him run about every morning now before hes allowed pellets lolol

yes definately his tummy used to make those gurgly noises when he drank, and i hardly ever saw him at the bowl but now he drinks more i dont think it does anymore, i know they are normal but once when he was in stasis i gave him 20ml of water by syringe the first time he ever lapped it all up his tummy did the water drinking gurgles then an hour later he was fine again. the blood tests the next day showed he was dehydrated. so i really do think he wasnt drinking enough before.

holly drinks huge amounts of water, eats huge amounts of hay has lovely huge poops and ive never once heard her tummy gurgle when drinking.

he was also really inactive too which i think was a huge gut slower :(

i make him run about every morning now before hes allowed pellets lolol

Ahhh I see Carlo drink loads and has lots of hay too, I noticed Bobs don't drink as much as she perhaps should, she is always flopped out as well the lazy moo:roll::lol:

Carlo chases her round upstairs tho he won't let her be too lazy! If she snoozes when its not snoozey time, he will give her a quick hump to get her moving:lol:

:shock::shock::shock: how many mls is that lol

these pair are averaging 1.3 litres on hot days :shock::shock::shock:

I dont know :lol: The bowl is about 5inches across i think

They seem to drink more in the morning just after their pellets - they can drink a whole bowl between them in about half hour :shock:

I dont know :lol: The bowl is about 5inches across i think

They seem to drink more in the morning just after their pellets - they can drink a whole bowl between them in about half hour :shock:

yeah thats when alvin drinks most.. hes been at the bowl about 4 times already this morning and hes back at the hay again... almost time for snoozing now tho lol

Well done alvin :love:

Thats actually really interesting, thinking of it now Fudges drinking slowed down a few weeks ago and she has been in stasis twice now! Before she drank a fair amount and didnt have full blown stasis for a good few months!

Her last stasis episode i syringed her a good amount of water and within 20mins she started eating.

She drinks from a bottle and her tummy ALWAYS makes those gurggly noises, all other bunnies ive had didnt :?

I cant get fudge to drink from a bowl she finds them better as a foot bath :roll::lol: I would prefer her to drink from a bowl but she likes her bottle!

Glad Alvins been doing good, hes one of my fave bunnies cause he reminds me of fudge with her problems but looks like m bridge bun Blackie :love::love:

Back