• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Oh why do people do this :o( U/D Post 29 - OH said no :o(

sacol4940

Warren Veteran
My OH's friend has just messaged me on Facebook to see if I want her 2 rabbits. They got them for the kids but the kids no longer bother with them like they used to (suprise suprise)

She's asked if I want them :(

Last edited:
I've just had the same request from an aunt (who I never see!) through Facebook asking me to take her daughters rabbits cos she's moved out into her own house:evil:.

cuz people have not grasped the concept yet that a pet is not your childs it is yours (yes they enrich and can help teach your child reasponsibility) but they are your's not theirs lol i hope you can take them or at least find them a good home (im sure they had the best intentions when they got them ) just sad for the bunnies

I dont know what to do :(

I'm not sure that the OH would let me have anymore just yet.

They're both lionhead type buns and she thinks theyre both boys, which would probably be ok as I could probably bond them in with Paddy and Peaches when they move into their shed/aviary

Here they are:
d38eab1e.jpg

What would you do?

We've had this too :? but when we asked if she was spayed and asked to see a photo (so i could tell the breed for sure and to see if she would fit in with the other buns) they never contacted me back!

Fingers crossed Daisy is ok and they learned to love her...

I love how people expect other people to clear up their mess. :evil: They are stunning rabbits though. If you could afford them go for it. Sounds as if they would probably need neutering.

I love how people expect other people to clear up their mess. :evil: They are stunning rabbits though. If you could afford them go for it. Sounds as if they would probably need neutering.

Neutering and vacc's wouldnt be a problem.

They'd have to stay in their current hutch until I got the shed/aviary sorted though and I'm not sure how big it is. All I know is that it's one of the ones with the run below (thats the same size as the hutch)

I'm sure their existing hutch will be fine short term. You're a star for thinking of taking them on - beautiful bunnies.

Aaww they look sweet!

Its a case of whether you have enough time/space/money etc ....
My aunt had to have a straight no, as I've got 12, and I know I can't fit any more in without compromising the time my current buns need for freeranging etc.
Plus I can't fit any more structures in my garden!!

How much persuading would your oh need;)

this happened to me too, because he was "vicious", he gave them a playfull nip :roll:, I have him now and he is seriously the most friendly bun I have ever met :shock:

Aaww they look sweet!

Its a case of whether you have enough time/space/money etc ....
My aunt had to have a straight no, as I've got 12, and I know I can't fit any more in without compromising the time my current buns need for freeranging etc.
Plus I can't fit any more structures in my garden!!

How much persuading would your oh need;)

12! :love: Have you got a pic of your garden please? :)

Space: yep, got a big garden and if they bond with P&P the 4 of them could live in the shed/aviary together

Money: Wouldnt be a problem, i'd get them insured to cover the vet bills too

Time: Again, wouldnt be a problem, I have plenty of spare time, I just usually spend most of it being lazy so i'd just need to be a little less lazy to make time for them :D Which would do me some good to be honest

The OH's at work atm, so I've just sent him a text to test the water :lol: The fact that they'd live outdoors would go in my favour as he doesnt want anymore in the house

It may take a lot of persuading :lol:

12! :love: Have you got a pic of your garden please? :)

Space: yep, got a big garden and if they bond with P&P the 4 of them could live in the shed/aviary together

Money: Wouldnt be a problem, i'd get them insured to cover the vet bills too

Time: Again, wouldnt be a problem, I have plenty of spare time, I just usually spend most of it being lazy so i'd just need to be a little less lazy to make time for them :D Which would do me some good to be honest

The OH's at work atm, so I've just sent him a text to test the water :lol: The fact that they'd live outdoors would go in my favour as he doesnt want anymore in the house

It may take a lot of persuading :lol:

Go for it then. Two more wouldn't be much more hard work. I have 5 of my own and one foster bun until September and will probably have a pair of fosters after that and it doesn't creat much more work.

It sounds like you are able to give them a really loving, caring home, if I was in your position, I'd go for it :D
Do you reckon you could do a deal with your OH's friend.... if she/he pays for the buns to be neutered, you will take them on? Surely that's a good deal for both of you, as they no longer have the responsibilty of owning rabbits, and you don't have to pay out nearly £100!! ;)

arnt oh's just a bother lol i hate having to run everything past mine but he is the one who pays the bills lol :roll: well they both look totally gorgeous but then what rabbit doesnt fingers crossed your oh is in a perfectly agreeable mood today then lol good luck xxxx:wave:

Back