• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Should I or shouldn't I?

Gertie

Mama Doe
It's been 11 days since I lost Robert. Gertie seems fine, but I can't help keep thinking how much she loved him grooming her. Don't get me wrong, she's not pining, she's happy, she runs over for her bits of rosemary :love:, but you know, I got her initially as a companion for Robert, but loved her from the moment I set eyes on her, but I wonder, should I even look for a friend or not?
I'm thinking out loud. :oops:

If youre thinking out loud, then just do it.The idea wouldnt have popped into your head if you werent thinking about it....if you get my drift.....:roll::oops:

And it doesnt mean you loved you Robert any less.
If you go down the rescue route which Im sure you will, Robert has left a legacy for you to continue.
Heres to the lucky bunny you bring home....Soon.xxxxx

I am sure that she would love a friend, but just make sure that you are ready too.

New bunster would never replace Robert, but u am sure you would have space to love another bun :)

Thanks. :) I've had my fair share of dental buns and certain breeds with their issues (lops, x lionheads and nethies) and Gerts is a regular run of the mill bun with uppy ears (thought she looked funny when I first saw her due to her uppy ears and long face!) so if I do go for it, that's the boy I want. A uppy eared regular bun. Don't care what colour, black, white, sky blue pink, whatever!

awwww it would be lovely to get her a pal, she will soon let you know if shes not ready to move on yet :D

I agree with everyone else, a new companion would be lovely for Gertie and very healing for you when you're ready :love:

I found when I got Mimi, 2 weeks after Tilly left me, she was a tonic for all of us. She didnt replace Tilly, nobun ever could, but she gave us something very positive out of a horrible situation, and something happy to focus on (if that makes sense!)

I forgot to add, I of course would go rescue! Gertie was rescue and I would like to offer another bun who needs love the love we have to give!

Back