• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pictures of the Bunnys in the Garden today..

Ambience

Warren Veteran
Just had a nice day in the garden and thought i'd post some pictures of the buns.

This is stripe. He is bonded up with shadow. They are now both neutered and happy, except for shadow's malocclusion, which means he has a bit of a messy coat from time to time as he isn't able to groom himself properly. Stripe helps him out though. They love each other.

Kmu6G.jpg

Paws has just been neutered. He was abit off his food and he still is not eating as many pellets as i would like,but he has eaten grass allday today. I hope that his hormone will settle and he will be happier.

CftFk.jpg

This is Shadow. He has been amazing, with all his teeth problems. I'm surprised he isn't jumping off the vets table, but he remains calm always. They love doing his teeth, he just sits quietly and is very well behaved.

p45Bql.jpg

Another one of paws :) Feeling better after his operation.
jDo1R.jpg

This is Sunny after his teeth have fallen out at the vets. He is eating pellets very well, but can't eat hay or veggies. Thankfully he is now drinking from his water bottle also. He is very nervy at the moment though.
hCnr8.jpg

Just managed to get one of Athena. She has been burrowing. She is abit deformed in her legs as you may be able to see. She must have quite a deep burrow by now. I've filled it in twice, but i haven't the heart to do it again. She loves it.

leRac.jpg

This is Ava ( At the back) and Rose below. They are a bonded trio with athena. They all get on very well. Ava and Athena are Rose's Daughters. Her litter was accidental and they ended up deformed which is very unfortunate. They are happy however, without any health problems.

a5LPw.jpg

This was a burrow Athena Dug. She enjoys going down it and coming back up. Rose and Ava are happy with the carrier and tents as shade, but Athena like's to live more naturally :)
Pfmm1.jpg

Another one of Shadow and Stripe in their run.
A1R9P.jpg

That's enough for now, don't want to overload the message boards :)
Ambience x

Aww Thankyou, glad you think so. I do try to keep them happy. It is hard when there is just me to do so, but they have each other and hopefully i'll be able to bond some of my sole bunnys soon. Still quite abit of neutering to go yet though :) Sunny is being done on wednesday this week. Then my next lot will be Rose, Ava and Athena shortly afterwards. I'm going to do them all at once so hopefully there bond won't break. I'm really grateful to everyone on here who has made me realise the importance of neutering for health reasons and also in terms of my current bonded groups. I think they are going to be alot happier without the raging hormones :)

Will post some of Ama, Lucy and Lily,( my other bonded trio), blaze& patch ( These are indoors at the moment- due to eye probs) and Adonia (Again my indoor snuffle bun) when i get chance. I don't want to overload the forum with pics :))

Thinking i'm going to buy some more toys on ebay for them now.

Ambience x

They are cute.

I would personally fill in the burrow. My friend's rabbit burrowed, the tunnel collapsed and he suffocated - I'd hate for that to happen to your bunny.

(Hope you don't mind me saying that :oops:)

They are cute.

I would personally fill in the burrow. My friend's rabbit burrowed, the tunnel collapsed and he suffocated - I'd hate for that to happen to your bunny.

:shock:

How awful for your friend :cry:

And they were obviously just allowing the little thing to do what he would naturally do :( Such a shame.

They are cute.

I've bricked it in for now as it's two dark and covered it in towels. Hope this will be okay until i can dig it in come morning time.

No i don't mind you saying. My cat actually got stuck down a burrow for several days before i found her and she is an indoor cat. It wasn't until later i heard her faint meow's when calling her. I was ill at the time in bed and hadn't noticed she had got out. I felt so guilty about it. Fortunately she was okay, but i've been wary of cats and burrows. I didn't really think it would be a problem for bunnys, given there natural instincts.

Does this happen in the wild? It's a terrible story about your friends rabbit. Thankyou for sharing though, i've taken action on this and will continue to fill the holes in. Thanks for the advice :)

moss said:
How awful for your friend

And they were obviously just allowing the little thing to do what he would naturally do Such a shame.

I agree. Was just having visions of it happening to ava as she has a deformed leg. Glad i've sorted it now. They have been fine, but i don't want to take any risks if i don't have too.

Bun-Mum-Tammy said:
You have such lovely buns, they all look really relaxed and happy
Little Paws
Thankyou :))

Ambience x

Back