• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help! Any ideas?u/d shes still spooked

Gemmapookie

Wise Old Thumper
We came in from shopping at about 8pm (7pm england time) and Mimi was really spooked, more scared than Ive ever seen her :shock: At first I thought shed had a fight with Timmy because she was running away from him whenever he went near her. But she seems abit more relaxed with him now, but still really spooked, she wont even come for her food (although I can tell she wants to.)

Ive checked her over and cant see any obvious wounds or injuries of any kind, shes just really scared by something :shock: Shes hiding behind the sofa and wont go under the bed which is her usual favourite spot. Ive looked under there and theres nothing unusual.

Any ideas???

Last edited:
Beau gets like this when my wall planner has fallen off the wall. I thought he was being silly, then I heard it do it once, it sounds like thunder! :shock:

Beau gets like this when my wall planner has fallen off the wall. I thought he was being silly, then I heard it do it once, it sounds like thunder! :shock:

Funny you should say that coz when I got in I noticed that the lampshade in my bedroom had fallen down. Its a paper one aswell so probably made quite a clatter. Its been 3 and a half hours though and shes still really tense :? Does Beau get like it for so long? xxx

We are having an extension built so the the hutch has moved from the yard to the grass. Although it is out of site of the builders and the other side of the house, the rabbits are quite reluctant to come out into the run. I think they were spooked by a few loud noises early yesteday and haven't quite got over it. Hope Mimi feels better soon.

They found an Anderson bomb shelter whilst they were digging, actually. We had no idea it was there as the area was covered with tarmac.

Are storm clouds gathering? I always find mine tend to behave a bit oddly when there is a thunderstorm coming.

Did you have any thunder or heavy rain whilst you were out? Or do you have any forecast for this evening?
The knocked over lampshade is a possibility, especially if it fell very close to her?

Hi guys, thankyou for your suggestions.

Well somethings definatly spooked her, shes still the same this morning :shock: Shes hiding out behind the sofa, Ive had to put water and hay behind there and give her brekky behind there. She comes out very cautiously for abit then goes back behind there again, and wont go near the bedroom which is her usual place :?

I just cant think what spooked her so much :? There was no storms yesterday, and shes not usually bothered by thunder and heavy rain anyway. It could have definatly been the lampshade falling down, it would have landed on the bed with a clatter while she was resting underneath. Im just surprised Timmys not botheredcoz he's usually the wimpy one, where she rolls with the punches.

Its so unlike her. Do you think she'll get over it in time?

Has she eaten and pooed?

Tiesto freaked yesterday morning. I was just walking through the gate and she ran off thumping. Absolutely nothing could have scared her, she just seemed to decide I was terrifying:?

Has she eaten and pooed?

Tiesto freaked yesterday morning. I was just walking through the gate and she ran off thumping. Absolutely nothing could have scared her, she just seemed to decide I was terrifying:?

Yeh shes eaten drank and pooed which is a relief. She is very scared of me and OH, well anything that moves atm actually :roll: Very wierd :?

Mimi is STILL really spooked today. Shes barely come out from behind the sofa for about 40 hours :(. I really thought that she would have calmed down abit by now and am starting to wonder if something ekse is going on as Im at an absolute loss as to what could have upset her so much :?

Could it be something neurological, maybe a bang to the head or something thats caused amnesia?

Its literally like shes gone back to the nervous nelly she was when we first got her, very odd. She was relaxed and really enjoying life prior to this :?

Shes eating and drinking ok but I have to give it all to her behind the sofa coz she wont come out for it

Have you or your OH got anything on you that smells different? Have you been near any different predator animals? Any new washing powder or anything?

Maybe she is not still spooked, but respooks everytime you move if you smell of something she thinks is a threat?

Is her bonded friend ok? Is it possible that something is going on with him and she is scared of that?

Another option potentially could be pain? Maybe that could have reverted her to being panicked?

Is se the girl who had head tilt? Is it possible she has lost say, sight in one eye and its just happened, or even both eyes? Or suddenly gone deaf (probably less likely)?

Have you or your OH got anything on you that smells different? Have you been near any different predator animals? Any new washing powder or anything?

Maybe she is not still spooked, but respooks everytime you move if you smell of something she thinks is a threat?

Is her bonded friend ok? Is it possible that something is going on with him and she is scared of that?

Another option potentially could be pain? Maybe that could have reverted her to being panicked?

Is se the girl who had head tilt? Is it possible she has lost say, sight in one eye and its just happened, or even both eyes? Or suddenly gone deaf (probably less likely)?

I cant think of any changes me and OH have about us, same washing powder etc On Friday I did go and see my friends kittens and play with them for a while, but obviously ive showered and changed etc since then :?

Timmy is absolutely fine and they're fine together although sometimes if he has been in another room and then goes behind the sofa to see her it'll really startle her. I also considered that she may have gone blind in one eye or something, yes it is her that had the head tilt. Her eyes look normal, would they look any different? Im pretty sure shes not deaf as shes very sensitive to any noises.

The thing thats so confusing though is that she wont go anywhere near the bedroom which is usually her safe haven. Its asif something happened in there (though cant work out for the life of me what) and now shes scared of going back in there. Only other thing I can think is that its been getting stupidly hot here over the last few days and that that may have affected her in some way :?

Just a suggestion, you haven't been walking in fields or somewhere and have left a pair of shoes under or around the bed which has a smell on them (dogs, foxes etc?) or may have made the carpet smell (to bunnies)?

Thanks Michelleox,
Its a good suggestion actually. We went camping last Monday in a woods near a big lake where there was undoubtedly loasda wildlife. Only thing is it wasnt until Friday pm that she started acting strange. We're going to move our washing bag out of our room anyway just incase there is something on it that smells funny, so thanks for the suggestion :wave:

She's actually just tip toed into our room very slowly and went under the bed. Shes definatly wary of something but its a start xx

i think lib is probably right - some sound or movement that wouldn't bother us and that the bunny wasn't expecting.

i think lib is probably right - some sound or movement that wouldn't bother us and that the bunny wasn't expecting.

Thanks happybun,
the light shade falling is the likely culprit if thats the case. Im just so shocked that she would be so upset by it even now :shock: Shes not usually jumpy with noises atall and bounces backk really well from vet trips and stressful situations etc Im so surprised that my little fighter is acting so strangely

Back