• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dilemma, baby wildy that looks abandoned

leong

Warren Scout
Hi all, could do with some assistance, we have had this little chap hopping around in our garden this for most of this week, looks very young and accepted an ear stroke earlier with no problem. Can't see any visual medical issues like myxi with it however it is exceptionally dosile. Can anyone give any advice? Should we leave it be (there are a few cats and lots of foxes round here), take it to the vets or adopt it :love: Any help greatly appreciated!

wildy.jpg

I can't imagine a healthy wildie being that docile unless it's poorly.

Or perhaps someone was raising it and decided to let it go - how strange.

Sorry, don't have any advice but it's scrummy :love:

If you can catch it why not takes it to the vets for a check to make sure it's healthy (and that it's deffo a wildie) - can see you ending up with the little fella :lol:

I can't imagine a healthy wildie being that docile unless it's poorly.

Or perhaps someone was raising it and decided to let it go - how strange.

Sorry, don't have any advice but it's scrummy :love:

Agree with the potentially poorly option, it's eyes aren't like a normal wildie (alert and wide) however it is definatley eating (although it was eating ivy the other day :shock:) and seems quite happy hopping around. It's been like this since Monday this week but we have just kept an eye on it.

If you can catch it why not takes it to the vets for a check to make sure it's healthy (and that it's deffo a wildie) - can see you ending up with the little fella :lol:

Good plan Blackberry, i think we'll catch it (i.e pick it up) and pop it in our bunny mansion on the drive for tonight and take it to the vet tomorrow. Do you reckon that sounds feasible?, I obviously don't want to cause it any distress but it will be alot safer in the hutch (for tonight anyway).

Well (as i'm sure we all know) a "pick up" is a completely different option to an "ear stroke" lol, it must have sensed the gardening gloves and made haste to to the field about 50yds away where we know there is a warren. So tonight it's back where it's supposed to be (i hope!) It just seems so bizarre ,in a nice way, that a wildie would accept a stroke and an ear fondle, and indeed decide to stay in our garden all day (although i can understand why due to the amount of herbs and nurtured wild plants we use for our Dee)
We'll continue to keep an eye on it over the next few days. Thanks for all your advice so far :)

Well (as i'm sure we all know) a "pick up" is a completely different option to an "ear stroke" lol, it must have sensed the gardening gloves and made haste to to the field about 50yds away where we know there is a warren. So tonight it's back where it's supposed to be (i hope!) It just seems so bizarre ,in a nice way, that a wildie would accept a stroke and an ear fondle, and indeed decide to stay in our garden all day (although i can understand why due to the amount of herbs and nurtured wild plants we use for our Dee)
We'll continue to keep an eye on it over the next few days. Thanks for all your advice so far :)

Well, hopefully he's safely home. But if you're providing such a good meal servive he'll probably be a frequent visitor!

Back