• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What are bunnys "lively" hours?

~ Cat ~

Wise Old Thumper
Anyone let me know what parts of the day buns are meant to be active?

I think mine have sleeping sickness! :lol::lol:

Anyone let me know what parts of the day buns are meant to be active?

I think mine have sleeping sickness! :lol::lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol: depends who were talking about... Alvin so has that sickness, so does holly now shes settled in.

between nothinkness Alvin seems to get a burst of energy about 5am, he then munches, rests, munches, rests until about 10am.

deadness ALL day

he will then start the munching, resting, munching resting till about 10pm.. then he may have a mad 10mins before going back to resting again :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

holly is just as lazy but visits the hay more often :shock::shock:

before pearl was ill i dont think she ever rested :love::love:

Mine are usually wide awake and ready to frolic about 7am when its cool, then they sort of doze and snooze until 6pm then they are ready to frolic again :) xxxxxxx

Mine are active about now until 10pm. 10 is Pipkin's binky time.
Not sure when they are active in the morning, I'm not usually up :oops:

Levi wakes us and probably the neighbours up at 5.00am:roll::lol::lol:
He will then snooze at 10 till around 4pm:D
This warm weather though seems to knock him out!

Morning and evening is ours' favourite activity time. They retire to the hutch from around 12pm onwards for a few hours. I have never seen them asleep. Even late at night when I have been to check on them, they are sitting on top of the box looking out. If the run is open they will stay out until 11pm when I chase them in and lock up.

wild buns graze at dawn and dusk and stay in their burrows in the day and I think the majority of pet bunnies follow this pattern being more lively at dawn and dusk. sue:wave:

Louie usually has a run round the garden between 7am and 7.30am then he ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ lots until about 10pm when he has another half an hour or so of liveliness.

Then, well that's it really!

before i got my bunnies, when i was reading round about them, i found a question 'what do your bunnies do all day?' and the answer was 'stare'. mostly, they stare. they sit still, and stare. they lie down, and stare. sometimes they sleep. occasionally, they run about. sometimes they binky. sometimes they chase each other, if they've fallen out. mostly, they stare.

before i got my bunnies, when i was reading round about them, i found a question 'what do your bunnies do all day?' and the answer was 'stare'. mostly, they stare. they sit still, and stare. they lie down, and stare. sometimes they sleep. occasionally, they run about. sometimes they binky. sometimes they chase each other, if they've fallen out. mostly, they stare.

Ha ha that made me splurt my tea! :lol::lol::lol:

Back